Sharrmiin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Heyy guys
I'm currently studying A level Economics and Business and I was looking forward to write an EPQ based on the Mozambican economy.
My initial idea was:
2. Is it possible to African Countries such as Rwanda, Ethiopia or Mozambique turn into developed economies over the next years ( barriers/threats)
However, I was told to be careful not to overlap my subjects and be more specific about it. And I had no idea what to talk about and I changed to:
– Is corruption the main reason why Mozambique is one of the least developed countries in Africa?
But my tutor told me that corruption is a minor topic.
I'm so confused what to do whatsoever. I have plan B but I was really looking forward to this topic

Any suggestions??

Thank you!!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
corruption is usually cited as part of a wider cultural issue on why countries develop poorly. you'd do better to talk about the wider issue:
- lack of democracy
- poorly developed institutions (of which corruption is a cause, but not solely)
- possibly religion
Sharrmiin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
corruption is usually cited as part of a wider cultural issue on why countries develop poorly. you'd do better to talk about the wider issue:
- lack of democracy
- poorly developed institutions (of which corruption is a cause, but not solely)
- possibly religion
thank u for your help!
litm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sharrmiin)
Heyy guys
I'm currently studying A level Economics and Business and I was looking forward to write an EPQ based on the Mozambican economy.
My initial idea was:
2. Is it possible to African Countries such as Rwanda, Ethiopia or Mozambique turn into developed economies over the next years ( barriers/threats)
However, I was told to be careful not to overlap my subjects and be more specific about it. And I had no idea what to talk about and I changed to:
– Is corruption the main reason why Mozambique is one of the least developed countries in Africa?
But my tutor told me that corruption is a minor topic.
I'm so confused what to do whatsoever. I have plan B but I was really looking forward to this topic

Any suggestions??

Thank you!!
love the question!
as an Ethiopian i want to do mine on africa too, but im not sure of a question
Sharrmiin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by litm)
love the question!
as an Ethiopian i want to do mine on africa too, but im not sure of a question
Thanks I'd suggest you read more on Ethiopian history and economics hopefully that will help. You can also use ethiopian books or sources to help you
As for me, I still haven't got my title yet but I've talked with my tutors and they were able to provide me some useful resources such as JSTOR. Hopefully that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (790)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (372)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.48%

Watched Threads