The Student Room Group

What type of graph?

I have been set a question that requires me to draw a graph however it's harder than I thought it would be- the independent variable is age groups, however, it's grouped age groups eg 35-44 then 45-54 then 55-64 etc. The data has then been split based on gender groups (men or women) under each age groups so that I have different results for each one- at first, I thought i would have to draw a histogram however, the age groups aren't grouped side to side eg it's not 35-45 then 45-55 then 55-65 (if you get what I mean) and there is a positive correlation eg as the age group increases, so does the data (my data shows the number of deaths in each group so as the age increases so does the number of deaths), my question is asking me to show clearly the gender differences- would I still need to do a historgram?
But they are grouped side to side- you can’t have 45 in both age groups.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by GabiAbi84
But they are grouped side to side- you can’t have 45 in both age groups.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

How would it work? I thought in histograms you have to draw it so that the start and end numbers are on the x axis and the bars touch together so that it's like 35-45 45-55, otherwise wouldn't there be gaps between the bars?
Original post by smallsockbigtoe
How would it work? I thought in histograms you have to draw it so that the start and end numbers are on the x axis and the bars touch together so that it's like 35-45 45-55, otherwise wouldn't there be gaps between the bars?

Can you see the pictures I attached?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending