Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My family stopped talking to that side of the family 9 or 10 years ago but I saw my one of them. I saw my uncle in our area and I think he recognised me because he smiled at me. I just don’t know what to think of it. My parents just stopped talking to them because I think they just wanted to focus on bringing me and my siblings up as we were still in primary school then. They didn’t do anything wrong to make my family stop talking to them. I think they were quite helpful
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My family stopped talking to that side of the family 9 or 10 years ago but I saw my one of them. I saw my uncle in our area and I think he recognised me because he smiled at me. I just don’t know what to think of it. My parents just stopped talking to them because I think they just wanted to focus on bringing me and my siblings up as we were still in primary school then. They didn’t do anything wrong to make my family stop talking to them. I think they were quite helpful
If you want to, you could reach out to your family now that you're older if you want to get back in touch with them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
If you want to, you could reach out to your family now that you're older if you want to get back in touch with them.
My family might not like that
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My family might not like that
You could bring it up with them, say that you saw your uncle the other day and that you were wondering about reaching out to them again now that you're older. With all due respect, cutting out family because your parents wanted to bring you up sounds like a complete non-reason for cutting people out. I would have thought they'd want you to be surrounded by nice family. You sound old enough to make these kinds of decisions for yourself. You might not have to tell them either, just reach out to your estranged family and simply don't tell your family. If you keep the communication to your phone/email/messages then they'll never know that you're talking to them again.
Anonymous #1
You could bring it up with them, say that you saw your uncle the other day and that you were wondering about reaching out to them again now that you're older. With all due respect, cutting out family because your parents wanted to bring you up sounds like a complete non-reason for cutting people out. I would have thought they'd want you to be surrounded by nice family. You sound old enough to make these kinds of decisions for yourself. You might not have to tell them either, just reach out to your estranged family and simply don't tell your family. If you keep the communication to your phone/email/messages then they'll never know that you're talking to them again.
I live in my parents house though. I’m waiting for my parents to come home and I’ll tell them
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I am quite confised with what youe talking about.
Anonymous #1
I am quite confised with what youe talking about.
What do your want me to do about that?
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live in my parents house though. I’m waiting for my parents to come home and I’ll tell them
Do you have your own phone? You can use that to message/call your other family and your parents won't know, unless they for some reason check your phone. Telling them is probably the best thing to do, and hopefully they are positive. Good luck.
Anonymous #1
Do you have your own phone? You can use that to message/call your other family and your parents won't know, unless they for some reason check your phone. Telling them is probably the best thing to do, and hopefully they are positive. Good luck.
Yes I have a phone, they just came back home, I mentioned it and they said they might reconsider talking to them themselves
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I have a phone, they just came back home, I mentioned it and they said they might reconsider talking to them themselves
That's really good, all the best hope it goes well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (493)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.39%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed