Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was just on my driving lesson, I was driving through this road but there was just some idiot who just left their Volvo in the middle of the road wide from the curb and I had to overtake it. Also when I was driving back home there was this school kid just walking on the road and it’s just stupid the pavement was right next to her. I feel like **** heads are increasing on the road not just drivers but people walking as well. Also I hate it when people do jogging and they go on the road or just when people just walk on the road in general like are you dumb get on the pissing pavement you ****. Cyclists as well, I was out with my mate in his car these **** head cyclists pulled out on the road without checking it was a mum with their kid.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sincerely hope you never get a driving licence.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Theloniouss)
I sincerely hope you never get a driving licence.
Why ffs
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Chileeeee, because you have probably done all of that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by deadroseex)
Chileeeee, because you have probably done all of that.
I don’t walk on the road, when I was younger on my bike I had a mirror on it so when I was turning or emerging I’ll know when to because I would see in my mirror
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was just on my driving lesson, I was driving through this road but there was just some idiot who just left their Volvo in the middle of the road wide from the curb and I had to overtake it. Also when I was driving back home there was this school kid just walking on the road and it’s just stupid the pavement was right next to her. I feel like **** heads are increasing on the road not just drivers but people walking as well. Also I hate it when people do jogging and they go on the road or just when people just walk on the road in general like are you dumb get on the pissing pavement you ****. Cyclists as well, I was out with my mate in his car these **** head cyclists pulled out on the road without checking it was a mum with their kid.
You're not wrong, except that you really shouldn't get so worked-up about it. As drivers, cyclists or pedestrians, we have to deal with other road users not caring, or paying enough attention. We all need to look-out for each other, and keep everyone, including those that don't help themselves, safe.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RogerOxon)
You're not wrong, except that you really shouldn't get so worked-up about it. As drivers, cyclists or pedestrians, we have to deal with other road users not caring, or paying enough attention. We all need to look-out for each other, and keep everyone, including those that don't help themselves, safe.
Yes true
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to calm down a bit.. People will do what people want to do, and you need to learn to deal with it. Things will not always go your way in life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
You need to calm down a bit.. People will do what people want to do, and you need to learn to deal with it. Things will not always go your way in life.
But it’s not safe, you don’t just walk on the road or pull out when cycling
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I never said it was safe. But part of driving is learning to take everything in and anticipate those possibilities- then you're ready if someone does just walk into the road or pull out when cycling.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
True. I know how annoying it can be - you can just hope that the Police will see it. It's rare, but I have seen people get stopped for stupid driving - one went through a red light in front of me, and a Police car then got them.

Last Christmas, we came across (I live in California) to visit family. Driving up the M1, there was a braking wave. I was in the right hand lane, and saw cars brake hard in front of me. I had plenty of space, but the car behind me didn't. In order to avoid being hit by them, I broke less hard than I wanted to, and stopped close to the central barrier, overlapping the car in front. I was fuming that I'd had to take a risk to avoid being hit because a driver didn't leave enough braking distance. If it hadn't had been dark and late, I'd have probably let them hit me.
Last edited by RogerOxon; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads