WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically I don’t want to have to wait till I find a roommate or significant other in order to be able to get enough mortgage for a house.
But where I live, on my salary you can either have mouldy, abandoned overgrown houses without any kind of furniture ( no kitchen cupboards etc) or a very small house where the bathroom is downstairs and everything needs renovation due to granny wallpaper, floral carpets, green bathroom fittings and kitchen cupboards from the 60s.

It it cheaper to Reno an abandoned mould house or to completely redecorate a granny house?

Atm I’m leaning towards the granny houses bc there’s less change for unexpected problems compared to the abandoned mould house.
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lmfaooo the granny houses!

My cousin lived in one of the mould houses and he just moved because every other day some builder or plumber needed to come! He moved into a granny house, where they renovated the whole house and it is so much more lovelier now, they are finishing up the bathroom and by next week the house should be perfect!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed