The Student Room Group

A little bit of hope :)

Today is my birthday. A year ago today, I was in the very depths of a 3+ year long downward spiral, I spent the day by myself, and a large portion of it was spent crying because my boyfriend was too busy to talk to me and I thought everyone would judge me for not going out partying on my birthday. I was hating uni, hating myself, and hating life.

Today, I spent the morning tutoring maths and then came home to my new pile of language study books which I'm very excited to properly work through. An old friend popped by and brought me a lovely handmade cake and a giant jar of smarties for me to sort by colour. This year, I don't feel judged for wanting to stay at home in the quiet. I am surrounded by people who understand me, I have got rid of the people that don't, I have a wonderful girl I'm dating with whom I have the perfect balance of communication. And I just spent my birthday afternoon sorting 1.5kg of smarties into bowls by colours knowing all my friends will be happy I'm enjoying myself regardless of if I party or not, and it could not have been a better day.

Things do get better, even when it seems like they won't. You never know where you'll be in a year, and it could be better than you could ever imagine :smile:
Happy Birthday
Reply 2
Good to hear things have generally improved for you. Happy birthday!
Reply 3
Happy birthday!!
Reply 4
allways with the pargraphs

Quick Reply

Latest