Brnce
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I’m a 4th year Adult nursing student who has been brainstorming topics for my dissertation and trying to come up with a decent Practice Based Question and so far it’s a total fail.

My area of main interest is Alcohol misuse. Reason being I did my elective placement in an acute Gastroenterology receiving unit and totally loved it.

The main group of patients received in the ward were those with Alcohol related problems. So far I’ve managed to come up with these questions but they sound too bland and broad to me.

1). The impact of alcoholic among teenagers: a literature review. / The increasing problem of excessive consumption of alcohol in teenagers.

2). What are the long term effects of alcohol misuse with adults?

I would really appreciate any insight into this. Thanks in advance.
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your ideas seem interesting. In idea 1, what sort of impacts will you be looking at? Will it be purely medical or socioeconomic impacts?

Have a look at dual diagnosis.
Brnce
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AnnaGlypta)
Your ideas seem interesting. In idea 1, what sort of impacts will you be looking at? Will it be purely medical or socioeconomic impacts?

Have a look at dual diagnosis.
Thanks for your input
I'm thinking more of the medical impacts. What do you mean by dual diagnosis??
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Brnce)
Thanks for your input
I'm thinking more of the medical impacts. What do you mean by dual diagnosis??
Dual diagnosis is when there is a diagnosis of a mental health condition and/or alcohol or susbstance misuse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.35%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.83%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (49)
26.63%

Watched Threads