anonymousayyyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is Business Studies a practical study, independent study, lab-based study, group study or research study? ....
dedcrush
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by safahJ)
Very practical and useful for the real world. A lot of group study though which can be a bit frustrating as more everyone puts in as much effort as you.
Hi there! I'm studying business studies as a part of a joint honours degree. I was just wondering if you've graduated? Or are you still a student?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymousayyyy)
Is Business Studies a practical study, independent study, lab-based study, group study or research study? ....
Hiya!

My housemate studies Business and says it is typically independent study at the moment because of covid as you cannot do group work (at most university's). With this year being virtual most degrees have had to change their delivery of content where most degrees (like Business) will be having pre recorded lectures and virtual of possibly the occasional face to face seminar or workshop. There is lots of practical application using case studies and studying brands and companies to help you better understand the theory taught and to apply the theory you have been taught.

Sam- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads