pineapple201
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Guys,

I'm in year 13 and am planning to do Biomedical Science next year because I love the variety of modules in the course. I feel that people keep disregarding the degree as only being suitable for people who failed to get into medicine, but why do people fail to see what's good about the course?
I'm planning to complete a Master's after my undergraduate degree and feel that Biomed will offer such a variety of modules that I'll be able to decide which Master's is suitable for me.I'm able to see the positives of Biomed, so why aren't others able to?
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sure people do see the positives of Biomed or they wouldn’t apply. I believe the main reason why people see it as a course that people take if they didnt get into med school is because a lot of med applicants list it as their fifth choice.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pineapple201)
Hi Guys,

I'm in year 13 and am planning to do Biomedical Science next year because I love the variety of modules in the course. I feel that people keep disregarding the degree as only being suitable for people who failed to get into medicine, but why do people fail to see what's good about the course?
I'm planning to complete a Master's after my undergraduate degree and feel that Biomed will offer such a variety of modules that I'll be able to decide which Master's is suitable for me.I'm able to see the positives of Biomed, so why aren't others able to?
They shouldn't, I agree. Biomed is an excellent course.

I keep saying on the medicine forum that applicants should not pick biomed as a 5th option, because medical applicants should be dedicated to medicine! If they don't get in, they should take a gap year and reapply. Doing any random degree (that includes biomed) with the sole aim to do graduate entry medicine will take longer, cost more and will be much more competitive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads