The Student Room Group

Student

A car is travelling along a straight road the driver suddenly observers that the road ahead is flooded and applies brake. Describe what happens to the car and brake.

HELP PLS
(edited 3 years ago)
Well the brake pads will generally clamp down onto the brake discs stopping the wheels therefore the car, so the cars kinetic energy would be be converted by friction to heat, basically.
Reply 2
Original post by Summer___winter
A car is travelling along a straight road the driver suddenly observers that the road ahead is flooded and applies brake. Describe what happens to the car and brake.

HELP PLS

The driver skids off into a ditch never to be seen again
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom

hahahahahaha
Reply 4
Original post by Summer___winter

HELP PLS

I've forgotten what the GCSE specific words are now, is it movement? I just remember not being allowed to explicitly say energy when I did physics like three years ago

the transfer of power would be kinetic energy from the brake pads > friction on the wheels, which produces heat, increasing the temperature of the closed environment, or something
Original post by IWMTom

Hahaha
Reply 6
Original post by roo02
I've forgotten what the GCSE specific words are now, is it movement? I just remember not being allowed to explicitly say energy when I did physics like three years ago

the transfer of power would be kinetic energy from the brake pads > friction on the wheels, which produces heat, increasing the temperature of the closed environment, or something

Yeah it’s a transfer of velocity (kinetic energy) into thermal energy (heat) using friction (force)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending