Boy keeps messaging me but I have a boyfriend

Watch
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So this guy keeps messaging me and he’s really sweet and all, but I have a boyfriend and am not interested in this guy.

I have explained to him that I’m in a relationship but all he says is “I will wait for you, don’t worry”. I express that I will not be breaking up with my boyfriend, and even if I did, I would not be interested in him.

I find this kind of creepy? Like if I’ve told him I’m not interested, why is he saying he will wait?

I’ve blocked him before but had to unblock him to ask him to stop messaging my friends because it was making them uncomfortable.

Is this weird? Is he just being nice?

I don’t want to be harsh to him but idrk how to go forward haha!

EDIT - HE HAS BEEN BLOCKED SORRY I FORGOT TO SAY! just wondering if someone has had a similar experience or if I was too harsh?

Thanks for advice
Last edited by pepsimaxcherry; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Block him then.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How about blocking him and telling your friends to do the same.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Block him then.
Yeah, I have. Just wondered if someone else has had something similar or if I was being too harsh?
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:erm: block them again and if they contact your friends, suggest to your friends to block them too if they're bothered by it. This is really weird behaviour.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
You could block him and tell your friends to do the same.
Yeah, he’s been blocked. Sorry I should’ve pointed that out! I was just wondering if someone has had something similar or if I was too harsh ahah
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
Yeah, I have. Just wondered if someone else has had something similar or if I was being too harsh?
No, you're not being too harsh, he sounds like a little creep.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
:erm: block them again and if they contact your friends, suggest to your friends to block them too if they're bothered by it. This is really weird behaviour.
Thanks for the reply! He’s been blocked (should’ve pointed that out haha) and my friends are starting to block him too!
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
No, you're not being too harsh, he sounds like a little creep.
It’s a little bit weird yeah!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He sounds weird and obsessed.
Can you ask your bf or a guy friend to message him to stop pestering you?
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
He sounds weird and obsessed.
Can you ask your bf or a guy friend to message him to stop pestering you?
I would but I’d feel like I’m dragging them into it and I don’t want to make him uncomfortable! I’ve blocked him so I’m hoping this may slow down haha
username5447420
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make sure you tell you're boyfriend about it, for relationships to last there must be transparency on both sides.

As for the guy who keeps messaging you, just keep him blocked and tell your friends to block him. If he gets creepier or weirder, you will need to speak to people of authority e.g. the police, university, halls of residence security etc to ensure that you are kept safe
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by jacobf91)
Make sure you tell you're boyfriend about it, for relationships to last there must be transparency on both sides.

As for the guy who keeps messaging you, just keep him blocked and tell your friends to block him. If he gets creepier or weirder, you will need to speak to people of authority e.g. the police, university, halls of residence security etc to ensure that you are kept safe
Hi! Yes my boyfriend is fully aware of everything and has seen texts and all that. No lies here haha!

He’s blocked and my friends are blocking him too. I’m not sure he’s dangerous or anything, probably just a crush that’s becoming obsessive. But yes, if things get worse I will take the necessary action! Thank you
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
How many threads have you started?🙄

All you have to do is block him, which you said. There was no point starting a thread.

This is why people who genuinely need help don’t get any replies
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
How many threads have you started?🙄

All you have to do is block him, which you said. There was no point starting a thread.

This is why people who genuinely need help don’t get any replies
And your issue is?

I have made one thread about this topic.

People who genuinely need help do get replies and if you’re so upset about my thread, leave and go respond to those who “genuinely need help”.

I’ve done nothing wrong here, you’re just looking for an issue. Bye
username5447420
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Yes my boyfriend is fully aware of everything and has seen texts and all that. No lies here haha!

He’s blocked and my friends are blocking him too. I’m not sure he’s dangerous or anything, probably just a crush that’s becoming obsessive. But yes, if things get worse I will take the necessary action! Thank you
good stuff, if you see this guy in person and he comes and talks to you, you need to make it abundantly clear you want absolutely nothing to do with him, you might think it will sound harsh but he's clearly not getting the message so you need to lay it out real simple for him to understand.

Hopefully you won't need too but just in case
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by jacobf91)
good stuff, if you see this guy in person and he comes and talks to you, you need to make it abundantly clear you want absolutely nothing to do with him, you might think it will sound harsh but he's clearly not getting the message so you need to lay it out real simple for him to understand.

Hopefully you won't need too but just in case
yeah fingers crossed! it was just odd that he wanted to “wait”. like what haha? but yes, I’m sure I won’t see him and I’m sure things will stop now, but thank you for the advice if it does continue!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
And your issue is?

I have made one thread about this topic.

People who genuinely need help do get replies and if you’re so upset about my thread, leave and go respond to those who “genuinely need help”.

I’ve done nothing wrong here, you’re just looking for an issue. Bye
But you blocked him so why do you need any more advice?

TSR clout maybe?
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
But you blocked him so why do you need any more advice?

TSR clout maybe?
TSR clout? Lmao sure thing bud.

I wanted to see if i was too harsh or if someone had gone through something similar - again, I have done nothing wrong by creating this thread.

Come off anonymous.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aww good luck, dw you'll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.78%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.92%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
23.6%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
8.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (45)
25.28%

Watched Threads