nsam0509
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
which universities offer the best marketing degree/ have good prospects for a marketing career in the UK?
J.swift
Badges: 13
Report 1 month ago
Bath, Durham, Leeds, Exeter, Lancaster
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nsam0509)
which universities offer the best marketing degree/ have good prospects for a marketing career in the UK?
Hi nsam0509,

The University of Hull ranks 27th in the UK in the Complete University Guide for 2020. However I remember that when I was in your position, I found myself getting frustrated looking into the numbers of all of the rankings for different university courses (as each organisation which does the ranking seemed to do them differently).

There are several reasons why I selected to undertake my Marketing degree at Hull:

1) The involvement of the lecturers and staff. On my open day, I opted to speak to an academic about the course I was due to select. When speaking to the lecturer her passion for the subject was really inspiring. Not only this, but the involvement which she had with the students of whom she discussed and knew personally really struck me; as I had been worried that by going from a small sixth form to a university I would just become a number.

2) The opportunity to undertake a placement year, international study or both! I opted to undertake a placement year as part of my degree which was incredibility beneficial in providing me with relevant (paid) marketing experience (something important when applying for roles after university), allowing me to understand which areas of marketing appealed to me and which did not (again, very beneficial in selecting roles to apply for after university). Finally some placement organisations offer their students an automatic place on the graduate scheme reducing any pressures on final year students to be applying for roles. Throughout the whole placement application process, the team were exceptionally helpful and supportive, hosting CV clinics, psychometric test practice and mock interviews.

3) Live Projects. As part of the marketing course at Hull, students engage in live projects where real businesses visit the university to brief them with an issue they are facing and the students seek to develop new ideas about how to resolve this within their assignments. There are often presentation opportunities to these organisations (for the top students) which is an excellent addition on the CV, with organisations ranging from local businesses to Team GB.

4) University of Hull. I really enjoyed my time at the University for several reasons, including the incredibly pretty campus and the facilities offered. Another factor which attracted me to Hull was its affordability which reduced the pressure on me to get a part time job alongside my studies. Not having this pressure meant that I could focus fully on my course and then assess whether I wanted a part time job.

If there is anything more that you would like to know then I have attached links to our marketing student ambassadors Megan, Anna and Emily.

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep
nsam0509
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Uni of Hull Students)
Hi nsam0509,

The University of Hull ranks 27th in the UK in the Complete University Guide for 2020. However I remember that when I was in your position, I found myself getting frustrated looking into the numbers of all of the rankings for different university courses (as each organisation which does the ranking seemed to do them differently).

There are several reasons why I selected to undertake my Marketing degree at Hull:

1) The involvement of the lecturers and staff. On my open day, I opted to speak to an academic about the course I was due to select. When speaking to the lecturer her passion for the subject was really inspiring. Not only this, but the involvement which she had with the students of whom she discussed and knew personally really struck me; as I had been worried that by going from a small sixth form to a university I would just become a number.

2) The opportunity to undertake a placement year, international study or both! I opted to undertake a placement year as part of my degree which was incredibility beneficial in providing me with relevant (paid) marketing experience (something important when applying for roles after university), allowing me to understand which areas of marketing appealed to me and which did not (again, very beneficial in selecting roles to apply for after university). Finally some placement organisations offer their students an automatic place on the graduate scheme reducing any pressures on final year students to be applying for roles. Throughout the whole placement application process, the team were exceptionally helpful and supportive, hosting CV clinics, psychometric test practice and mock interviews.

3) Live Projects. As part of the marketing course at Hull, students engage in live projects where real businesses visit the university to brief them with an issue they are facing and the students seek to develop new ideas about how to resolve this within their assignments. There are often presentation opportunities to these organisations (for the top students) which is an excellent addition on the CV, with organisations ranging from local businesses to Team GB.

4) University of Hull. I really enjoyed my time at the University for several reasons, including the incredibly pretty campus and the facilities offered. Another factor which attracted me to Hull was its affordability which reduced the pressure on me to get a part time job alongside my studies. Not having this pressure meant that I could focus fully on my course and then assess whether I wanted a part time job.

If there is anything more that you would like to know then I have attached links to our marketing student ambassadors Megan, Anna and Emily.

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep
Thank you so much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (603)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (747)
41.9%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.49%

Watched Threads