Tess84738473
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got 7As in national 5s for English, maths, Spanish, German, history, mods and biology. This year i am studying Spanish, English, maths, biology and physical education with the aspiration of getting As again. I am considering leaving to go to Uni at the end of this year (S5), had anyone done this with any advice or tips? I would hope to study economics and spanish
stereotypeasian
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I said this in another thread but happy to repeat it :

you'll be fine - its actually pretty normal in Scotland to do that , you aren't alone in that, I know someone who left to got to RCS for stage tech, 2 engineers, 1 for history, 1 for linguistics
there's really no point in comparing to other people as we are all on different journeys to different destinations - eg. one person can leave in S4 after completing Nat5s and go to college ; another leaves in S5 then does BSc/BA then Masters or finds jobs earlier ; another applies in S6; another person takes a gap year etc.
join societies when you get to uni

if you want to go - go for it and good luck - I believe you can do it and also enjoy your time there

I think its been mentioned here on TSR but there really isn't much difference in maturity between 17/18/20 years olds lol
Spoiler:
Show
unless you're applying to RUK (rest of UK being England and Wales and Ireland) then there's a greater percentage of 18 years old compared to Scotland in 1st year as October 2002 would be in Year 13 (their S6 and they can't really go to uni without sitting their A levels in Y13) right now whereas , for us , in Scotland they would have already left school [the October 2002 babies]

I do know in RUK they have separate accommodation for 17 years old

Your grades are amazing by the way and will put you in a good position of being able to choose from all the Scottish unis you wanna apply to

Good luck
Tess84738473
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by stereotypeasian)I said this in another thread but happy to repeat it :

you'll be fine - its actually pretty normal in Scotland to do that , you aren't alone in that, I know someone who left to got to RCS for stage tech, 2 engineers, 1 for history, 1 for linguistics
there's really no point in comparing to other people as we are all on different journeys to different destinations - eg. one person can leave in S4 after completing Nat5s and go to college ; another leaves in S5 then does BSc/BA then Masters or finds jobs earlier ; another applies in S6; another person takes a gap year etc.

if you want to go - go for it and good luck - I believe you can do it and also enjoy your time there

I think its been mentioned here on TSR but there really isn't much difference in maturity between 17/18/20 years olds lol
Spoiler:
Show
unless you're applying to RUK (rest of UK being England and Wales and Ireland) then there's a greater percentage of 18 years old compared to Scotland in 1st year as October 2002 would be in Year 13 (their S6 and they can't really go to uni without sitting their A levels in Y13) right now whereas , for us , in Scotland they would have already left school [the October 2002 babies]

Your grades are amazing by the way and will put you in a good position of being able to choose from all the Scottish unis you wanna apply to

Good luck

(Original post by stereotypeasian)
I said this in another thread but happy to repeat it :

Spoiler:
Show

Good luck

thank you very much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (15)
18.29%
The paper was reasonable (28)
34.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (30)
36.59%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
10.98%

Watched Threads