Pinkfog786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I haven't seen a thread for this yet so I thought I'd create one to find out who's applying.
hannah_tsr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hello! I'm applying this year too, just did the online tests yesterday!
Should we maybe move this thread to the public sector forum to make it easier for others to find?
Pinkfog786
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by hannah_tsr)
Should we maybe move this thread to the public sector forum to make it easier for others to find?
Hey, I'm doing my tests this week, how did you find them?
Oh yeah I can't believe I selected the wrong place! How can I move it?
hannah_tsr
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Pinkfog786)
Hey, I'm doing my tests this week, how did you find them?
Oh yeah I can't believe I selected the wrong place! How can I move it?
they were very time pressured so you have to work fast! hope they go well !
not sure hahaha, might just have to start a new one?
Pinkfog786
Rep:
?
they were very time pressured so you have to work fast! hope they go well !
not sure hahaha, might just have to start a new one?
I think we'll just leave it then haha
I've done the practice ones but they weren't timed, so I was under the impression they wouldn't be. thanks for letting me know
Student J11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I think we'll just leave it then haha
I've done the practice ones but they weren't timed, so I was under the impression they wouldn't be. thanks for letting me know
Hi, I just applied today. Do you have any tips for online assessments such as what type of online assessments?
Student J11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Is there a deadline for the online test as in the amount of days you have to complete them?
Student J11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
For those that done the online test, any tips of what to expect for them?
Also, where can we find the NGDP values to read?
lovenlive
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I have just applied for the NGDP. How did people find the tests other than the fact that it was timed? I applied for the Civil Service Fast Stream too which were quite specific and complicated.
LeeWright1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Were the numerical tests multi-step problems, or more like identifying a statistic (data reading), or both? I have found the practice ones on the NGDP page are not like the ones they recommend doing on their test partner's website! Also to everyone else, some practice tests on the NGDP website have recently come on and they are a bit different than the practice ones on there about 1-2 months ago
Pinkfog786
Rep:
?
Hey everyone, just to answer some questions, we have up until January the 6th to complete tests, the tests are completely different to last year they are actually much better in terms of format and time. To practice what they really will be like go on to the test platform and you can do the practice tests which covers sjt numerical and verbal reasoning. Hope that helps.
LeeWright1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ah ok thank you! Do you mean the practice tests on the NGDP for applicants website? I was doing ones on cut-E (Aon I think) which give you 6 questions and you have 3 minutes, but they aren't multi-step
LeeWright1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by lora_7)
Who is their test partner? I think the NGDP online tests have changed quite a lot from last year. I haven't done them yet this year but even the practice ones this year look different.
Yeah I meant the practice cut-E tests, which are quite basic-looking website and 3 mins to answer 6 simpler questions. Rather than the NGDP website questions, which you need to do more working out on (the numerical ones specifically)
Pinkfog786
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeeWright1)
Ah ok thank you! Do you mean the practice tests on the NGDP for applicants website? I was doing ones on cut-E (Aon I think) which give you 6 questions and you have 3 minutes, but they aren't multi-step
No I'm referring to the actual test platform i.e the link to the actual tests, as there is a practice test on there which covers the sjt numerical and verbal reasoning. You can choose to do them before actually attempting the real tests which is really helpful
LeeWright1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No I'm referring to the actual test platform i.e the link to the actual tests, as there is a practice test on there which covers the sjt numerical and verbal reasoning. You can choose to do them before actually attempting the real tests which is really helpful
Ohh ok thank you I see what you mean
Pinkfog786
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeeWright1)
Ohh ok thank you I see what you mean
You're welcome x
ot589
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Just sat the tests for this. Found the numerical one way more challenging than what was given in the practice test at the start. How do people think they went?
Pepee7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Heyy🤗I am wondering do I need to attach CV when I apply for the NGDP scheme?Could someone tell me more about the application? Thank you !
3467st
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Pepee7)
Heyy🤗I am wondering do I need to attach CV when I apply for the NGDP scheme?Could someone tell me more about the application? Thank you !
Nope! Just sit the tests, I’ve not sat them yet so can’t tell you what they’re like but I assume numerical reasoning, situational judgement etc - the usual grad scheme kinda tests!
BobbyR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi all. I will also be applying this year. I have noticed that some councils are running local versions of the scheme for residents. Does anyone know if we would have to apply to these too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (227)
56.75%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (51)
12.75%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.25%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.5%

Watched Threads