I need help with my bad cold?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I work in a nursery and last Friday this baby had a really bad cold so she/he was really upset so obviously I comforted them but forgetting that I'm gonna end up getting a cold. I've had bad colds before but this one is more tiredness to the max, I've been feeling like I'm going to puke, sore heads, blocked nose. My point is why I'm making this is the going to puke thing it started yesterday (Sunday) and it's still carrying to today (Monday) I don't actually be sick or anything it's just the feeling like I'm going to and the taste? I know gross but it's really bugging me. Today I got way too hot for a good 3 hours before I cooled down, everyone else found it cold so that worried me and I've heard that's normal for colds cause it's your body fighting off the infection.

Honestly, I've annoyed my work enough with me getting ill. I need tips on how to sort this nausea and symptoms, anything muchly appreciated

Sorry for the details too haha x
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try a hot drink.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Try a hot drink.
Okay, thank you! I'll try it after my work tmrw
\^_^/
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I work in a nursery and last Friday this baby had a really bad cold so she/he was really upset so obviously I comforted them but forgetting that I'm gonna end up getting a cold. I've had bad colds before but this one is more tiredness to the max, I've been feeling like I'm going to puke, sore heads, blocked nose. My point is why I'm making this is the going to puke thing it started yesterday (Sunday) and it's still carrying to today (Monday) I don't actually be sick or anything it's just the feeling like I'm going to and the taste? I know gross but it's really bugging me. Today I got way too hot for a good 3 hours before I cooled down, everyone else found it cold so that worried me and I've heard that's normal for colds cause it's your body fighting off the infection.

Honestly, I've annoyed my work enough with me getting ill. I need tips on how to sort this nausea and symptoms, anything muchly appreciated

i try to take the week off and rest
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also see that you rest.
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drink lots of hot tea and water, eat fruits and vegetables. Try to stay in bed if possible. Also, i think it may be a bit irresponsible to go to work while you are sick, especially during this whole covid thing. So if it is possible, maybe take a few days off and stay in bed with a cup of tea i think it would also be a good idea to take you temperature every time you feel hot and if you have a fever for more than 3 days then call you doctor. I don't know how testing for corona works in your country and how big is the current corona wave in you country, but maybe take that into consideration and call you doctor if you have fever for longer than 3 days.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Catsarepurrfect)
Drink lots of hot tea and water, eat fruits and vegetables. Try to stay in bed if possible. Also, i think it may be a bit irresponsible to go to work while you are sick, especially during this whole covid thing. So if it is possible, maybe take a few days off and stay in bed with a cup of tea i think it would also be a good idea to take you temperature every time you feel hot and if you have a fever for more than 3 days then call you doctor. I don't know how testing for corona works in your country and how big is the current corona wave in you country, but maybe take that into consideration and call you doctor if you have fever for longer than 3 days.
why wait 3 days?
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
why wait 3 days?
Because it could also be flu, and flu induced fever usually doesn't last longer than 3 days. It has also been recommended to me by my GP before. But that was before the whole covid thing. Now it really depends on the situation in the country OP is in and if she/he had any possible contact with covid. For example i am in quarantaine now, so if i had a fever i would go to test right away, but if i wasn't in quarantaine and only had contact with people when shopping or while walking outside then i would wait 3 days.
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ginger biscuits can help when you feel queasy.

Are you taking Lemsip or similar?
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had those same symptoms just when lockdown started. The nausea, vomiting and fatigue was the hardest. As a result of the vomiting I was severely dehydrated but nausea meant that even drinking sips of water would make me puke up. So started to get acidity and burning too.

Ice helps. Suck on ice chips, sip water or and fluid (as long as it is not fizzy). Ring your doctors as they can prescribe something for the nausea and vomiting. Better to do that now as they tell you to ring back if it doesn't get better in a few days first.

Try your best to eat. Dry slightly overdone toast managed settled for a good while in my stomach before the puking started again. But some food is better than nothing.
𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

hiya there! I've had similar symptoms when I was ill (i get ill really easily cus I have a weak immune system). What I do is make sure I get enough fluids. Another thing to do is eat balanced meals - even if you feel like u don't want to eat just eat. I never feel like eating when I'm ill but when I do it makes me feel kinda better. I would also suggest taking some time to rest and try to have some lemon and ginger tea - that works for me hehe.
I hope you start feeling better soon luv,
Zara x
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tbh, I'm surprised your employer hasn't sent you for a covid test and told you to isolate. Schools are sending kids home if they cough in the wrong direction.
LuigiMario
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've been taking Boots delayed release Vitamin-C & Zinc tablets, as mentioned above a good diet should provide all of that, but often in UK we can be slightly deprived of some vitamins/minerals. I don't take them everyday as Zinc can have other effects, but some science has shown that C+Zn can reduce the duration of a cold by a couple of days.

The 'n' days resting are recommended as a heavy cold is demanding on the body, sometimes compared to strenuous gym work, hence rest should be respected and not do 'double' effort.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because it could also be flu, and flu induced fever usually doesn't last longer than 3 days. It has also been recommended to me by my GP before. But that was before the whole covid thing. Now it really depends on the situation in the country OP is in and if she/he had any possible contact with covid. For example i am in quarantaine now, so if i had a fever i would go to test right away, but if i wasn't in quarantaine and only had contact with people when shopping or while walking outside then i would wait 3 days.
So you would walk around with a high temperature spreading your germs (potentially covid) despite government guidance to get a test and self-isolate? Seriously?
Banechann
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Take a steam bath. So have the hot water running in your bathroom and wait till the room is 'steamy'. Just chill in the steamy room for a bit and then take the warm bath. It should help a little bit. Also earlier this year I was vomiting my guts out for about a week, went to the gp and they told me to have crackers. That somewhat helped so that may help your situation. Also don't have huge meals in one go instead have consistent small amounts of food through out the day and drink plenty of water.
Lovelylaci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Chamomile tea and those minty things you put up your nose. (:
Spoiler:
Show
Drink a lot of water too.
Last edited by Lovelylaci; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
I wish I could take a few days off but my work is so busy atm and I've already gone over on my sick days this year but I will definitely take my temperature!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Banechann)
Take a steam bath. So have the hot water running in your bathroom and wait till the room is 'steamy'. Just chill in the steamy room for a bit and then take the warm bath. It should help a little bit. Also earlier this year I was vomiting my guts out for about a week, went to the gp and they told me to have crackers. That somewhat helped so that may help your situation. Also don't have huge meals in one go instead have consistent small amounts of food through out the day and drink plenty of water.
Oh I'll try this tmrw!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒)
hiya there! I've had similar symptoms when I was ill (i get ill really easily cus I have a weak immune system). What I do is make sure I get enough fluids. Another thing to do is eat balanced meals - even if you feel like u don't want to eat just eat. I never feel like eating when I'm ill but when I do it makes me feel kinda better. I would also suggest taking some time to rest and try to have some lemon and ginger tea - that works for me hehe.
I hope you start feeling better soon luv,
Zara x
I feel like i have a weak immune system too...I get colds way too easily haha, I'll try eating more cause as u said it seems to help! lemon and ginger tea i shall buy at the shops tmrw

Thank ya so much hun! x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lovelylaci)
Chamomile tea and those minty this you put up your nose. (:
Spoiler:
Show
Drink a lot of water too.
I've tried that minty thing 2 years back! oh god it helped a lot! Been using it ever since! Chamomile tea I'll need to buy too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed