I have pretty low A level grades, will unis accept me??

Watch
Jeesus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have DE, a B in EPQ (Which is half an a level) and pending last a level as I’ll be resitting it this summer. I’m planning on applying soon before this year’s deadline but what I’m bringing to the table sucks ASS. If my mental health was much better I would have gotten much better results but that’s just how it is I guess. Do you think I’ll have a chance??
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1) You'll need to look at Unis that quote their offers in 'UCAS points' rather than grades, and also have a look relevant Foundation courses that would give you entry to the main degree.
2) If you have a diagnosed MH condition, and are now receiving treatment, then your school may be able to let each Uni know about your 'mitigating circumstances' and they may be prepared to take this into account. Talk to whoever co-ordinates UCAS applications at your school.
Jeesus
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
1) You'll need to look at Unis that quote their offers in 'UCAS points' rather than grades, and also have a look relevant Foundation courses that would give you entry to the main degree.
2) If you have a diagnosed MH condition, and are now receiving treatment, then your school may be able to let each Uni know about your 'mitigating circumstances' and they may be prepared to take this into account. Talk to whoever co-ordinates UCAS applications at your school.
Ah Thankyou, the only issue is is that I am applying as an individual- as I left college in June 2019.
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jeesus)
Ah Thankyou, the only issue is is that I am applying as an individual- as I left college in June 2019.
They may still be able to help - who are you using as your referee?
Jeesus
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
They may still be able to help - who are you using as your referee?
I currently don’t have a referee I’m not sure who to ask
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jeesus)
I currently don’t have a referee I’m not sure who to ask
Ask your last school. They will be happy to do this for you. Just bring them up to speed on what you've done since you left school and the health problems you have had. They can also mention this in your reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads