username5446306
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are some efficient methods to revise history for a level - especially that topic where u have to answer 10/20 markers ?
username5446306
Rep:
?
Name:  frog.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  71.4 KB
leftrightknee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For revision, keep in mind that you'll need evidence to substantiate the point you're trying to argue with each factor. 3/4 nuggets of evidence for each factor is usually enough. For OCR my class has been told that for the 10 markers only 2 factors are needed, and 3 factors for the 20 markers. I'm pretty sure OCR awards the top marks when you constantly refer back to the question effectively throughout your answer, especially at the end of each paragraph, so make sure to evaluate and place an overall significance on each factor/theme discussed!

In regard to the actual revision itself, understanding even a brief overview of the period you are studying will help massively, so making timelines are, whilst a bit dull, effective when you initially start revising. Keeping in mind the overall significance of each event you write down will help when coming to evaluating/placing judgement later on. For learning evidence, flashcards again are drab, but they do genuinely work - most people find it much easier to condense notations onto a small space rather than having multiple pages of A4 open at once.
username5446306
Rep:
?
up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (21)
30%
No - I have already returned home (8)
11.43%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (15)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed