Mathsnotit
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Badgerrr)
Hi everyone!

Please use this space as a medium to talk about the upcoming RSM Apprenticeships. I suggest we can use this space to give some insights into RSM and its schemes - and some tips of course!

The interview process for me was very straight forward, by far the best one i've had. First was some online assesments - as usual, then followed a typical video interview consisting of questions to test you have done some research into RSM. Finally, the interview - it was great. The questions asked consist of strengh based questions so this is your time to shine no matter if you do not have any work experience. They tend do give you an outcome in the following days but do not be disheartened if not, these schemes are still set to start in 2021 which leaves lots of time for them to contact you!
Hi thanks for this!! Do you think you could go into more detail about the assessment centre and the pre interview task. Thank you so much!
r4h4t
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by statsguy)
Hi guys, what are the typical strengths based questions
Things like why do you want to work for RSM, what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell us about a time when you had to work to a tight deadline, tell us about a time when you had received negative feedback, or what would you do if..

I also got the shortlist email from RSM
Jammie_x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello! I am at the video interview stage,

Can someone tell me what to expect from the video interview please??

Nervous as hell! Thought I was gonna fail the online assessments so I’m shocked!!!
Youjobapple
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jammie_x)
Hello! I am at the video interview stage,

Can someone tell me what to expect from the video interview please??

Nervous as hell! Thought I was gonna fail the online assessments so I’m shocked!!!
Well done. There are around 4/5 questions to answer, you’ll have a short amount of time like 30 secs to prepare and have 2/3 mins to record your answer. You don’t have to use all that time though, just stop recording when you feel you have given everything you can. Do make sure to do the practice question beforehand and play with it back and practice it again til you feel comfortable. I know it might be awkward playing it back at first but it gives you a good insight into how you come across. Also, make sure to look directly into the camera, so that you can show them that you have good eye contact. Another thing that helps is using post it notes around your computer screen (not too many) with key phrases on to help guide you on what you are saying. You’ll be fine don’t worry, best of luck 🤘

Last thing make sure you smile a lot it’ll give you confidence and will make a good impression
Jammie_x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Youjobapple)
Well done. There are around 4/5 questions to answer, you’ll have a short amount of time like 30 secs to prepare and have 2/3 mins to record your answer. You don’t have to use all that time though, just stop recording when you feel you have given everything you can. Do make sure to do the practice question beforehand and play with it back and practice it again til you feel comfortable. I know it might be awkward playing it back at first but it gives you a good insight into how you come across. Also, make sure to look directly into the camera, so that you can show them that you have good eye contact. Another thing that helps is using post it notes around your computer screen (not too many) with key phrases on to help guide you on what you are saying. You’ll be fine don’t worry, best of luck 🤘

Last thing make sure you smile a lot it’ll give you confidence and will make a good impression
Thank you so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it! I thought I failed the online assessment since noticed a few mathematical ones were trick questions (I think!) but managed to pass it so I’m happy with that!

Oooh. That’s good that they give you time to prepare. Do you know what sort of questions they ask you? Are they the generic sort of questions like “why should you be chosen? Why you want to do an apprenticeship?” Etc. I only have an iPad at the moment so will have to be done by that but will take note on post it note idea!

On key phrases? You mean like phrases to do with accounting?? Or key phrases like you would say in an generic interview?

Well done by the way for passing your interview!!!
dajuni27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What sort of questions did they ask in the video interview. I have mine this week sometime. (Applied to Manchester offices)
husasdasado
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Anyone applied for M&A in birmingham and got a date for the AC?
Mubarkdu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by husasdasado)
Anyone applied for M&A in birmingham and got a date for the AC?s
Could you please tell what's m&a tbh ive never heard of them?
notizzie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mubarkdu)
Could you please tell what's m&a tbh ive never heard of them?
I'm assuming it stands for Mergers + Acquisitions
Mubarkdu
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello guys... did anyone get email from rsm after the shortlisting for final stage email?
It has been about month when they last contacted me saying I passes the interview and now I am in shortlisting stage.
zeebobat
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello guys... did anyone get email from rsm after the shortlisting for final stage email?
It has been about month when they last contacted me saying I passes the interview and now I am in shortlisting stage.
I was just about to come on here to ask that! I've only received the email about being shortlisted and that they'll get back to me shortly about the final stage, which was on the 6th of November. since then ive received nothing:/
Mubarkdu
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zeebobat)
I was just about to come on here to ask that! I've only received the email about being shortlisted and that they'll get back to me shortly about the final stage, which was on the 6th of November. since then ive received nothing:/
Same, and another strange thing I have applied for tax assistant role Leeds and closing date for that role was 30th of November so I thought they might contact me after the deadline but now they have extended the deadline to 28th of January.
Imk
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh that’s strange, I received an email on Friday about the Assessment Centre. Mines on the 14th. When did u guys apply and do ur interview?
zeebobat
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Imk)
Oh that’s strange, I received an email on Friday about the Assessment Centre. Mines on the 14th. When did u guys apply and do ur interview?
(Original post by Imk)
I did my interview on the 6th of October and exactly a month later on the 6th of November, they got back to me saying I passed it. perhaps I'm just being impatient lol. when did you do yours?
Mubarkdu
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I did my interview on the 6th of October and exactly a month later on the 6th of November, they got back to me saying I passed it. perhaps I'm just being impatient lol. when did you do yours?
(Original post by Imk)
I did my interview on 5th of October and got reply on 23rd of october saying I am in shorlisting stage and havent heard anything since then.
Imk
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did my interview on 5th of October and got reply on 23rd of october saying I am in shorlisting stage and havent heard anything since then.
I did my interview on the 15th Oct and they said I passed/ was shortlisted on the 13th Nov. Then got the email on the 26th Nov about the AC
Mubarkdu
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Imk)
I did my interview on the 15th Oct and they said I passed/ was shortlisted on the 13th Nov. Then got the email on the 26th Nov about the AC
What service line and office did you apply to?
Rose09876543
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by r4h4t)
Hey guys,

I also completed the video interview a couple of weeks ago, waiting for a response. I applied to the Birmingham offices.
Hi,
Good luck on your application!
I'm thinking of applying to the Birmingham office too and planning on doing my interview tomorrow. I was wondering if you can tell what kind of questions came up for you?

Kind regards,
Rose
r4h4t
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi top of my head can't remember as I've applied to so many places but these are the ones I prepared for that I found on the net and a few of them did come up.

1) In this role you’ll need to complete qualifications and apply your new knowledge quickly. What thoughts have you had about this aspect of the role? (2 mins)
fgtuh
What you’ll enjoy about working towards a qualification?
What challenges you may come across while studying and how you’ll overcome these?
How you feel about juggling your studies while working?

2) As part of your role you’ll be involved in different projects working with a variety of clients and colleagues. How does this make you feel?
What you’ll enjoy about working with a range of different people?
What challenges you think you may face when working in a varied environment?
How you feel when you meet people for the first time?

3) Describe a time when you had to complete a large piece of work to a high standard against a tight deadline?
What approach you took to meet the deadline?
How you monitored your progress against the deadline?
How you ensured a high quality standard in your work?
What else was involved or available to help you?
What the outcome was?

4) Describe a time when you took the initiative to change and improve a process or a way of working?
What prompted you to make the change?
What steps you took to implement the change?
How others viewed the change and how their views made you feel?

1. What do you do in your spare time?
2. What skills do you hope to develop?
3. How would you react to negative feedback?
4. How do you feel about data analysis?
5. How did you ensure that something you recently initiated was successful?

Looking at them again I think I got the negative feedback one, initiated project one, data analysis one and the deadline one.

Do let me know how you get on. I got the shortlisting email but nothing after that. Good luck.
Last edited by r4h4t; 2 months ago
Rose09876543
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by r4h4t)
Hi top of my head can't remember as I've applied to so many places but these are the ones I prepared for that I found on the net and a few of them did come up.

1) In this role you’ll need to complete qualifications and apply your new knowledge quickly. What thoughts have you had about this aspect of the role? (2 mins)
fgtuh
What you’ll enjoy about working towards a qualification?
What challenges you may come across while studying and how you’ll overcome these?
How you feel about juggling your studies while working?

2) As part of your role you’ll be involved in different projects working with a variety of clients and colleagues. How does this make you feel?
What you’ll enjoy about working with a range of different people?
What challenges you think you may face when working in a varied environment?
How you feel when you meet people for the first time?

3) Describe a time when you had to complete a large piece of work to a high standard against a tight deadline?
What approach you took to meet the deadline?
How you monitored your progress against the deadline?
How you ensured a high quality standard in your work?
What else was involved or available to help you?
What the outcome was?

4) Describe a time when you took the initiative to change and improve a process or a way of working?
What prompted you to make the change?
What steps you took to implement the change?
How others viewed the change and how their views made you feel?

1. What do you do in your spare time?
2. What skills do you hope to develop?
3. How would you react to negative feedback?
4. How do you feel about data analysis?
5. How did you ensure that something you recently initiated was successful?

Looking at them again I think I got the negative feedback one, initiated project one, data analysis one and the deadline one.

Do let me know how you get on. I got the shortlisting email but nothing after that. Good luck.
Thank you 🙂 I'm doing mine tomorrow, will let you know how I think it went.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.4%
No (692)
51.6%

Watched Threads