How do I get grade 9s in gcse

My subjects are:
Maths( higher)
English Lang+Lit
Separate science
Sociology
Spanish
Art
I do well in class but every time I do a test I flop, like really badly. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get g9s on everything???
Reply 2
i didn't know sociology was a gcse?
Original post by \^_^/
i didn't know sociology was a gcse?

Not all schools have it, I’m not sure why my school in particular has it
if you need any help with art, feel free to ask me any questions or pm me, although i'm not exactly sure how that works on here haha :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Iwanttobesmart
My subjects are:
Maths( higher)
English Lang+Lit
Separate science
Sociology
Spanish
Art
I do well in class but every time I do a test I flop, like really badly. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get g9s on everything???

For science and maths do as many as you can of the hardest questions you can find, look at the subject specifications to find out EXACTLY what you need to learn. Make notes based on the mark schemes. Use the CGP revision guides to also make science notes.
Reply 7
Original post by Iwanttobesmart
Not all schools have it, I’m not sure why my school in particular has it

oh im doing it for a-level now
mr bruff youtube is good for english
free science lessons youtube is good for science
Hiya,

Maths- Maths genie, past papers are the key and try the CGP Grade 8 and 9 targeted workbook where you can find the complex questions.
English Lang/Lit- Physics and Maths Tutor have great notes, Mr Bruff, Mr Salles English, Mrs Whelan's English, Mr Everything English on Youtube
Science- Physics and Maths Tutor, Science and Maths by Primrose Kitten on Youtube
Sociology- Personally, I use revision videos on Youtube
I feel it is only right advising you on subjects I do.

Hope it helped).
We nearly have the exact same subjects lolll, I have geography rather than art though.

For Lit I’ve been watching lectures off LitDrive (we’re still lumbering our way through Macbeth). They’re designed for teachers, but some of the concepts raised are really intriguing! I did a Macbeth assessment last week and got a 9 through learning quotes and watching some of their videos.

For Language, I’d probably just recommend past papers and making sure you know exactly what to do on the paper.

For science at the moment, I’m just checking I’ve got the foundations by doing Educake quizzes. After that I’m going to progress to exam questions and papers.

Maths. I’ve been practicing practice papers and past papers, having them marked and saving copies of every question I’ve got wrong, with my answers and the correct ones so I can try and identify where I’m going wrong and correcting myself + finding weak links. I’ve been using Dr Frost Maths website too, it’s working well for me at the mo!

I’m not too sure about sociology and Spanish. I’m going to ask the respective teachers how they’d recommend revising for their subjects + I’ll let you know what they tell me if you’d like?

Hope some of this helps! (:
What we do for lit may be different. However I can’t help you with maths because I am in year 11 and suck at it too. I know exactly how u feel. I’m fine in lesson then panic in an exam and go blank. However anything to do with English,science,art,music,french,history. I can help you with anytime. Also don’t use cgp books for science because sometimes they contain false info. I prefer using the collins books. They are up to date and have all info in there and more.

I have many resources and revision packs that I use if you ever want them I can send them over somehow. However I use a bunch of past papers, watch guided videos through a paper and seek help from teachers and get practice q’s. Also if u are looking at science I recommend my gcse science because it is amazing.

If you want I have some YouTube links that I watch that I could also send over to you if you wish. And if you are looking at maths I find examfit very helpful as it quizzes you then talks you through the answers

Hope this helps x
(edited 3 years ago)
^ Update on the Spanish, something that I completely forgot I’ve been doing, it’s somewhat natural at this point is to join in my families conversations in Spanish. It probably annoys them no end, as only my mum understands parts of Spanish, but it’s good practice nonetheless. I then translate myself ofc. But it’s good practice for maintaining a convincing Spanish accent which is always my downfall in Speaking practices.

Quick Reply

Latest