Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I need your help badly,

I did my GCSE's in june 1999 and I never bothered to go to college for the first year, 2nd year I went and did ICT intermediate and after that finish in june 2001 I went into work and took a GAP year along with it. Anyway, I am going back to university next september and I can't seem to find my GCSE results anywhere, does it HAVE to be shown when you enrol @ university? or will just showing them A levels be enough?

If not, WHAT DO I DO!!!!!?>!>!>!>!>

Someone help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMO)
    Hi guys, I need your help badly,

I did my GCSE's in june 1999 and I never bothered to go to college for the first year, 2nd year I went and did ICT intermediate and after that finish in june 2001 I went into work and took a GAP year along with it. Anyway, I am going back to university next september and I can't seem to find my GCSE results anywhere, does it HAVE to be shown when you enrol @ university? or will just showing them A levels be enough?

If not, WHAT DO I DO!!!!!?>!>!>!>!>

Someone help!
    If you are desperate, ring your old high school first thing tomorrow morning and they should be able to help you.

I have no idea what they ask for.

ReputationRep:
    ask your previous school teachers... they'd have a record

ReputationRep:
    you could get in touch with the exam boards and have them send you another set of certificates but maybe you did yours a bit too long ago... worth a shot though

ReputationRep:
    So you do HAVE to show them?

I can remember someone telling me your results are only kept for 4 years and then are gone and I don't have a clue what exam boards they were, I think NEAB was one.

ReputationRep:
    well i have no idea whether they need proof of your gcse
    and i don't know how long they keep results in records but you could contact them, first find out if you have to go through the hassle, then go through the hassle if its necessary
    if you can't remember the boards just get in touch with ur old school as someone said (i think)

ReputationRep:
    don't you remember what they were?

ReputationRep:
    Well in the other GCSE thread, a few people said that you only need to show it if there's alot of competition for the course.

I will be classed as a mature student as I will be 21 when I apply, so lucky me that I should get alittle less requirements due to life experience

Anyway, I have key skills communication level 2 and application of number level 1, so if anything that should help me along.

But I still need a answer, I am sure there is someone here who just started uni 3 months ago who know's if he showed his GCSE's?! .. someone?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know what I got, mostly between C-D, 1 B..

I just need to know, would you need to show proof that I got these? there not that great anyway, so..

ReputationRep:
    i don't think you do i remember just putting them into UCAS. you need to remember which boards you did though

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.