Are they interested or not?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm speaking to this person. We're very considerate to each other about being busy and understanding that we both have other commitments, so we can't get back to each other on that day.

They have a habit of leaving me on 'read' and then getting back to me whenever. But I usually text them saying "I'll get back to you" or something similar. I've noticed that they leave me on 'read' but are online for hours.

Does this mean that there simply not interested?
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's impossible to know, frankly; any guess would be pure speculation. They could have a friend who's really struggling who wants to speak to them online when really they'd rather speak to you, for a charitable example. You should ask them about it if it's bothering you
bassplayer347
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'm notorious for my poor texting etiquette; i'm a person who leaves my closest friends on read just because i want to be totally invested in any conversation i'm having before i reply, otherwise i don't put much thought into what i say... does that make any sense? one assumption is that they also feel this way?
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah I'm like this and know loads of people who are also like that. You don't always have the energy or are in the mood to respond to people.

And it would be pretty awkward to type 'sorry I'll reply to you at some point in the future' every time you can't be bothered talking to people when you have loads of messages.
Last edited by ChickenMadness; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads