Macbook Vs iPhone: the better investment?

Watch
manifesting
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Both cost roughly 1k...
but which is better economically?

Can a iPhone or Macbook make you more money? eg by the money making activities you can carry out on the device
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by manifesting)
Both cost roughly 1k...
but which is better economically?

Can a iPhone or Macbook make you more money? eg by the money making activities you can carry out on the device
IPhone is the better investment, unless you do programming and video editing - then macbook is the better investment as you get the opportunity to use all the big 3 OS systems (MacOS, Windows 10, Linux) with decent specs to run them smoothly.

End of the day, how useful something is depends on how you use it. So be realistic with your choice.
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Neither. This question makes about as much sense as asking "Should I buy a hammer or a screwdriver, which will make me more money".

MacBooks on the whole are terrible purchases right now from an economical perspective. The MacBook Air remains abysmal value for money in terms of the hardware you get, and the MacBook lineup in general isn't a good longevity purchase with the upcoming shift to ARM based processors.

The "latest and greatest" iPhone on the other hand is a hard sell, based on how little they offer over previous devices. IDK how far back you can go before you find an iPhone that offers significantly different features compared to todays models. But even going so far as an iPhone 8 isn't likely to impact your experience.

Odds are if you're asking the question you shouldn't be buying either.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The skills you have to monetise should be the decision maker, not the device. A laptop can be used by freelance video editors or professional DJs to make hundreds of thousands of pounds per year but that means nothing if you don't have the knowledge or qualifications to excel in those industries. Meanwhile rapid access to the internet and social platforms in the hands of a major social media personality is more useful to building their platform and eventually amassing brand deals and ad revenue, but that again means nothing if you don't know how to cultivate that into a profitable operation.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (115)
28.12%
No - I have already returned home (54)
13.2%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (81)
19.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.54%
No - I live at home during term anyway (120)
29.34%

Watched Threads