BlueZebra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Trigger Warning - talk of self harm scars

Does anyone have any advice/experience with being a nurse and having tattoos? I’ve already got a small tattoo on each wrist and one on my ankle but I’m considering getting a forearm tattoo to cover my self harm scars. It would cover most of my inner forearm and a bit on the outside. Would this be an issue in nursing? I want to go to uni next September to start studying adult nursing but don’t want to get a tattoo if it’ll affect my job chances etc
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seems the NMC have no set rules on visible tattoos, as far as I can tell. Which would suggest to me that it's left to the discretion of each individual trust.
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The general consensus is that tattoos are fine as long as they aren’t political or offensive! There are loads of tattooed nurses
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nothing wrong with it provided it's not offensive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads