Mental Health in the South Asian Community in the UK - A taboo?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Guys, i'm currently doing a dissertation on Mental Health (depression) in the South Asian community and i'm looking to know views and perceptions of depression in the South Asian community.

Discussions will remain anonymous.

Do you think its a taboo or is it well spoken about?
Does depression affect a specific gender more?
Is there a difference between perceptions of mental health amongst 1st and 2nd generation individuals?
Do you think there are any cultural/religious implications behind mental health and depression?
Does mental health services in the UK cater to the South Asian community?
Do you think Covid-19 has had an impact on depression among the South Asian community?

Please share your thoughts on this topic
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Guys, i'm currently doing a dissertation on Mental Health (depression) in the South Asian community and i'm looking to know views and perceptions of depression in the South Asian community.

Discussions will remain anonymous.

Do you think its a taboo or is it well spoken about?
Does depression affect a specific gender more?
Is there a difference between perceptions of mental health amongst 1st and 2nd generation individuals?
Do you think there are any cultural/religious implications behind mental health and depression?
Does mental health services in the UK cater to the South Asian community?
Do you think Covid-19 has had an impact on depression among the South Asian community?

Please share your thoughts on this topic
I am not from this community but I am bumping for you. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed