How can I make it better?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, about a month ago my friends and I were out together. I do not remember anything from the night which is quite scary and I've a little suspicion that somebody put something in my drink (not any of my friends of course!). Anyway, I woke up the next morning beside one of my guy friends (we've slept in the same bed before but it's always just been after a night out for a cuddle). He said 'I'm so glad there's no confusion with us anymore' and I had no idea what he meant at all but apparently we kissed. He said he'd waited about a year to make some kind of move and I told him pretty instantly that I wasn't looking for a relationship. I've seen him once since then and it was all ok I think, and we have talked a little since too. He has never replied to my texts that quickly (apart from when we first met and he did text me quite a lot). I just feel really guilty and I didn't mean to lose him in the process of anything. I really love being around him and he's genuinely just a lovely person. Obviously there are more restrictions now about seeing people etc but I asked yesterday if he'd fancy a small meetup (we're allowed 4 people all together) and I've still had no response
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should talk to him re. your friendship and your feelings.

Also he waited, 'over a year', until you were under the influence to make some sort of move on you?

What was your friendship like before?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, about a month ago my friends and I were out together. I do not remember anything from the night which is quite scary and I've a little suspicion that somebody put something in my drink (not any of my friends of course!). Anyway, I woke up the next morning beside one of my guy friends (we've slept in the same bed before but it's always just been after a night out for a cuddle). He said 'I'm so glad there's no confusion with us anymore' and I had no idea what he meant at all but apparently we kissed. He said he'd waited about a year to make some kind of move and I told him pretty instantly that I wasn't looking for a relationship. I've seen him once since then and it was all ok I think, and we have talked a little since too. He has never replied to my texts that quickly (apart from when we first met and he did text me quite a lot). I just feel really guilty and I didn't mean to lose him in the process of anything. I really love being around him and he's genuinely just a lovely person. Obviously there are more restrictions now about seeing people etc but I asked yesterday if he'd fancy a small meetup (we're allowed 4 people all together) and I've still had no response
try again
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AnnaGlypta)
You should talk to him re. your friendship and your feelings.

Also he waited, 'over a year', until you were under the influence to make some sort of move on you?

What was your friendship like before?
Well I guess I'd never thought about it like that before. We have been good friends since the beginning and I really value the relationship. We didn't spend a whole lot of time together, maybe only hung out once or twice a month but we always had fun and he is a very nice guy to be around. I know it won't be the last time I see him or anything because we have lots of mutual friends
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well I guess I'd never thought about it like that before. We have been good friends since the beginning and I really value the relationship. We didn't spend a whole lot of time together, maybe only hung out once or twice a month but we always had fun and he is a very nice guy to be around. I know it won't be the last time I see him or anything because we have lots of mutual friends
Obviously you know your relationship better than anybody else. It's possible he thought you were into him as you've shared a bed and cuddled together before.

Just talk things through, don't let it be awkward.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AnnaGlypta)
Obviously you know your relationship better than anybody else. It's possible he thought you were into him as you've shared a bed and cuddled together before.

Just talk things through, don't let it be awkward.
Yeah I will and it hasn't been awkward when I've seen him since (one time haha) but yeah I think I'm going to wait until there's a bit of a group get together rather than kinda forcing it by text
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (494)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (613)
41.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.61%

Watched Threads