nxd256631
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi there im an a level student applying for dental hygiene and therapy for the 2021 entry with predicted grades AAB just curious to know how hard is it to get a place on this course i feel like many of the people applying have a lot of dental experience as they are already qualified nurses so is this a disadvantage for an a level student who hasnt got this kind of experience. im applying to unis like qmul/kcl/portsmouth
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s very competitive, certainly at QM, the cohorts are very small, about 10 or so.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nxd256631)
hi there im an a level student applying for dental hygiene and therapy for the 2021 entry with predicted grades AAB just curious to know how hard is it to get a place on this course i feel like many of the people applying have a lot of dental experience as they are already qualified nurses so is this a disadvantage for an a level student who hasnt got this kind of experience. im applying to unis like qmul/kcl/portsmouth
Hi!

It would be worth contacting the course leaders at the universities. They might be able to offer some specific advice about things that you can do to improve your application.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
nxd256631
Rep:
?
Thank you so much will do !
nxd256631
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
It’s very competitive, certainly at QM, the cohorts are very small, about 10 or so.
Yikes would it be better if I applied to unis out of London to increase my chances
I know other unis also have a very limited number of spaces :/
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nxd256631)
Yikes would it be better if I applied to unis out of London to increase my chances
I know other unis also have a very limited number of spaces :/
I don’t really know much about how competitive it would be outside of London - I think it’s more the fact that DHT cohorts are generally much smaller so competition is naturally higher. Usually the cohorts do include a few dental nurses, however that’s not to say that school leavers don’t manage to secure places - I know a few DHTs who are school leavers.
EllieJacksonn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are some really helpful pages on ig that can help with your applications
Olivialin11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Heyyy, I’m now a first year Dental Hygiene and Therapy student at the University of Birmingham! It’s a competitive course for sure and there are very limited spaces at all the unis that offer it but it doesn’t mean that you don’t stand a chance! With your predicted grades it means that you should be able to apply to any of the unis as the highest offer is ABB, I made a post on insta about all of the different unis.
I must admit that I was a bit worried when applying as I thought the same about dental nurses applying but my course is quite varied with still a few students coming straight from A levels like myself (I also achieved AAB and these were my predicted grades too so it’s certainly a possibility) hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise