Can u break up with the one

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can you get back with ‘the one’ at some point even if you broke off on bad terms and the relationship wasn’t the best?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If the relationship wasnt the best, how are they 'the one'..?

Move on. It doesnt sound like a good idea to get back together, remember they are an ex for a reason.
Last edited by LovelyMrFox; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can you get back with ‘the one’ at some point even if you broke off on bad terms and the relationship wasn’t the best?
Sometimes you can. But it depends ahat do you mean by bad terms, and why wasn’t the relationship the best?
Anonymous #1
Sometimes you can. But it depends ahat do you mean by bad terms, and why wasn’t the relationship the best?
we’re both young and are just stressed and arguing. we broke up but kind of just said good luck. this was only today
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
we’re both young and are just stressed and arguing. we broke up but kind of just said good luck. this was only today
How old are you both? And was it a mutual agreement to break up?
Arguments happen in every relationships but proper communication can help find a balance.
If you feel its meant to be you could discuss things and work it out.
Anonymous #1
How old are you both? And was it a mutual agreement to break up?
Arguments happen in every relationships but proper communication can help find a balance.
If you feel its meant to be you could discuss things and work it out.
I do but it’s just ongoing. I know it sounds stupid but we’re only 17 but I do love him and just want to be with him. It’s just too immature
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Maybe be friends with him and see where it goes. Your still young and your going to meet plenty of guys in your life.
Anonymous #1
Maybe be friends with him and see where it goes. Your still young and your going to meet plenty of guys in your life.
my heart just hurts I miss him already but he doesn’t listen and it’s so complicated and I’m not happy
jinyis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're still quite young so he might not be the ONE. And I don't think there is just the ONE person- as you both develop and change, your personalities will change and likes and dislikes and yeah, you willl meet loads of guys who you will feel attracted to and have suitable personalities. You're just a fish swimming in a small pond so you can only see your ex bf as the 'one' when there is a whole ocean out there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jinyis)
You're still quite young so he might not be the ONE. And I don't think there is just the ONE person- as you both develop and change, your personalities will change and likes and dislikes and yeah, you willl meet loads of guys who you will feel attracted to and have suitable personalities. You're just a fish swimming in a small pond so you can only see your ex bf as the 'one' when there is a whole ocean out there.
we both want eachother but it’s just ****
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I would advise for you both to stay as friends as maybe you rushed into dating due to the fact that your still quite young. The only problem with that tho is would you accept being friends after being bf and gf? Most ppl would say its hard accepting someone as their friend as they have had sexual experiences and it wouldnt work out as friends at which point you would obviously have to cut ties with him. But on the other hand for some ppl it can work out as they've not done much with the other half. It all depends on you and him though but hope all works out ok.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everybody has more than one "The One" out there.

In fact everybody has quite a few "The One"'s that they will meet in their lives if they actively seek out new romantic partners when they are single.

That's because things like compatibility in taste in music and films and clothes don't matter when it comes to determining if a particular person is The One or not.

It's deeper / more practical things that count. Like number of children desired, how you both resolve conflict, attitude to money, sexual compatability.

Assuming you are reaonably physically attractive (if not change your lifestyle to make your body reasonably attractive, not just for attracting people but for your long term health) and that you have or get good man to woman or woman to man social skills, it will be the most natural thing in the world for people to want to have a relationship with you.
Whether any relationship lasts will depend if they are one of the The Ones for you.
The process of finding this out is, on the whole, an exciting and enjoyable one, assuming you put a positive spin on it. And don't dwell on the negatives of you breaking up with any particular person.

If you were to draw a Venn diagram of people that are incompatible with you in each key area and compatible with you in each, you'd see that there are enough The Ones in your home town.

You're at 6th form now. When you go to uni you will be able to meet a lot more The One candidates than you can now.
Make the most of your time at Uni.
And in the meantime work like a dog for your A levels and put your romantic life on the back burner for a while.

Overall change your mindset from one of scarcity to one of abundance.
There is not a scarcity of The Ones. There's an abundance.

If you were to lead a socially sheltered life, eg you're a cliquey person or rather shy, you may struggle to meet The One's in your life. But you're not going to do that. Because you're not stupid. And you've had and will get and will listen to good advice. And you have the courage to change your own destiny and to stretch your comfort zones.
You are not going to drift through life like a sack of potatoes chucked into a river. You are going to act like a fully functioning, self aware, adult human being.

And as a big tip: never go back to someone you've broken up with. It's better to start with a clean slate with someone new.
And as a minor tip, avoid having "nevers" and "always" in your life. There's an exception to most things in life.
However at the age of 17, it makes a huge amount of sense for you not to go back to this person that is a huge distraction for your A levels. And for you to move on to greener pastures.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The one true god, our lord and saviour Jesus Christ? Yes, he will always take you back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (123)
28.47%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (85)
19.68%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (127)
29.4%

Watched Threads