The Student Room Group

should i break up with my boyfriend?

very cliche question i know but man i rlly dont know if i should or not. ive been with this guy for about 7 months now (hes been my first serious boyfriend) but i am just so bored with the relationship. im at uni now and we basically only message and its just the same old crap like how was work what you up to all that stuff and its just boring as hell man. in my hometown i knew very few people since its quite rural so i kind of feel like ive settled for someone who i dont really find that attractive/interesting, nor have chemistry with. but since coming to uni ive met a lot of different people which has made me realise that there are actually people in the world i really connect well with/and find attractive. he can be a bit boring and sometimes he cringes me out by being a lil clingy and insecure. (this all sounds really mean but im just speaking my mind here) he is a very sweet loyal guy which is what makes this difficult as i feel so f*cking guilty!! i just dont know whether ive settled for someone because of my own self hatred or if he is actually a decent guy and i just have commitment issues :/ to sum it up has anyone been in a situation like this before who has any advice? if anyone was down to message or anything that would be pretty sweet as theres more too it than this i just didnt wanna make it too long winded (tho it probs was already lmao)
If you don’t have the connection and attraction then there is nothing wrong, it happens. You can private message me about it since you say therems more to it:smile:
yes
Original post by yogurtgirl
If you don’t have the connection and attraction then there is nothing wrong, it happens. You can private message me about it since you say therems more to it:smile:

I really like your name.
Don't waste his time, he deserves someone better than you
Original post by Anonymous
Don't waste his time, he deserves someone better than you

hahahaha boys are notorious at wasting girl's time knowing full well a relationship won't go anywhere and they don't love them and just using them for sex and ego boost. you don't know her bf or her so how do you know he is better thwn her? hes probably thinking the same thing, and if a guy said it I'm sure you would be agreeing with him.
hahahaha boys are notorious at wasting girl's time knowing full well a relationship won't go anywhere and they don't love them and just using them for sex and ego boost. you don't know her bf or her so how do you know he is better thwn her? hes probably thinking the same thing, and if a guy said it I'm sure you would be agreeing with him.

Cope
it’s interesting that you said this after you go to university and see other boys you just want to ****

loyalty is dead and it hurts so bad
Reply 8
It is almost unheard of now for relationships made in school to last because you become different people when you move away and grow. It’s not a bad thing to move on and realising you don’t love someone isn’t horrible it just means you aren’t compatible.

:frown:
very cliche question i know but man i rlly dont know if i should or not. ive been with this guy for about 7 months now (hes been my first serious boyfriend) but i am just so bored with the relationship. im at uni now and we basically only message and its just the same old crap like how was work what you up to all that stuff and its just boring as hell man. in my hometown i knew very few people since its quite rural so i kind of feel like ive settled for someone who i dont really find that attractive/interesting, nor have chemistry with. but since coming to uni ive met a lot of different people which has made me realise that there are actually people in the world i really connect well with/and find attractive. he can be a bit boring and sometimes he cringes me out by being a lil clingy and insecure. (this all sounds really mean but im just speaking my mind here) he is a very sweet loyal guy which is what makes this difficult as i feel so f*cking guilty!! i just dont know whether ive settled for someone because of my own self hatred or if he is actually a decent guy and i just have commitment issues :/ to sum it up has anyone been in a situation like this before who has any advice? if anyone was down to message or anything that would be pretty sweet as theres more too it than this i just didnt wanna make it too long winded (tho it probs was already lmao)

Honestly it is easy to see that youre not invested in the relationship like him, so instead of dragging it out and hurting each other it is better to end it off cos if it gets longed out the consequences may be worse for both parties. he will get hurt more and youre gonna get more bored

if you aren’t happy just do it.
Ye I've been in that position. It will probably just get worse. Break up :congrats:

You can message me if you want.
Bad luck for him but yes u need to end this now. It will get worse and u need to spread your wings and maybe other things too, nothing wrong with that lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending