The Student Room Group

Personal Learning Record HELP

So I have had a reply from a couple of universities asking for my certificates which is fine of course I have my recent ones but I do not have my GCSE results (applying for foundation years) I have spoken to my tutors from high school and sixth form and they have sent me my PLR but I have double-checked anyway just waiting on replies from the uni about if it is acceptable proof of my results I want to know other peoples opinions on this.
Original post by Brehnen
So I have had a reply from a couple of universities asking for my certificates which is fine of course I have my recent ones but I do not have my GCSE results (applying for foundation years) I have spoken to my tutors from high school and sixth form and they have sent me my PLR but I have double-checked anyway just waiting on replies from the uni about if it is acceptable proof of my results I want to know other peoples opinions on this.

It should be accepted - universities can log into the LRS and view your PLR themselves (as submitted to the LRS by the exam boards) so if your PLR is all correct then it shouldn't cause any problems

It's worth planning to get replacement certification from the exam boards though - most employers wont accept PLRs (and if one of your universities isn't happy with it then you've started the process of ordering replacements)
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply