The Student Room Group

Edexcel ial oct 2020 physics unit 4 new spec

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furu_amr
This is how i answered the derivation. Can anyone confirm or tell me how they did it?

F=ma & Fc=mv^2/r
⟹ma=mv^2/r
⟹a=v^2/r

that's how I did it too. But I couldn't draw the vector diagram correctly. There were more vector diagrams in the unit 4 paper than in the unit 1 paper I wrote
Original post by furu_amr
Have you done the Jan 2020 new spec paper? how hard is it comparing to this paper?

the 2020 Jan was harder than the 2019 October paper but I got like 51 out of 90 for it which was right on the start of the B grade. But this, this was a monster of a paper. I would prefer that over this anyday. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be even lower this time all things considered especially because of the pandemic.
(R) has always been the reaction force And (r) has always been the radius Mentioning in the question that *r* is the radius and then asking me to prove an equation with *R* which made me overthink and leave a 4 marks question because i don't even know what is a reaction force doing here. Wasted much time in this question and lost much marks in the paper. Pearson edexcel during a world pandemic,in which all other educational systems tries to decrease the pressure on their students, edexcel decided to bring this exam which isn't only hard but have mistakes as well. R and r are like apples and oranges. Completely different things. I want my marks and i am gonna complain about this mistake that wasted almost 15 mins of my time!
Original post by ahmed787
(R) has always been the reaction force And (r) has always been the radius Mentioning in the question that *r* is the radius and then asking me to prove an equation with *R* which made me overthink and leave a 4 marks question because i don't even know what is a reaction force doing here. Wasted much time in this question and lost much marks in the paper. Pearson edexcel during a world pandemic,in which all other educational systems tries to decrease the pressure on their students, edexcel decided to bring this exam which isn't only hard but have mistakes as well. R and r are like apples and oranges. Completely different things. I want my marks and i am gonna complain about this mistake that wasted almost 15 mins of my time!

go for it
Reply 24
Original post by LedHeadQueenFan
Yeah. How was it? I found it okay

Same, but i had some issues with my time management, Which scares me when i think about it
How was the Unit 6 today?
Original post by sw20
Same, but i had some issues with my time management, Which scares me when i think about it

What did you get for the uncertainty calculations?
Reply 27
Original post by arjun2101
What did you get for the uncertainty calculations?

Can't exactly remember dude.What did you get?
Original post by sw20
Can't exactly remember dude.What did you get?

I think I got a raw uncertainty of 0.02cm, and finally, my density was 8.48. percentage uncertainty was 0.368% and then last qn, the metal cld be made of brass, you? Also, how was the graph qn?
does anyone have the paper?
Original post by bubblewrap2001
does anyone have the paper?

It's not released yet. I'm waiting for the grade boundaries which were supposed to be released 2 days ago and it's still not there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending