studentbioch3m
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Will the BTEC level 3 January exams be scrapped / cancelled next year as apparently access to HE ones have been? (Due to covid lockdown)
Advertisement
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ments-2021.pdf

The January 2021 timetable is still on the Peasron website with a note above it which says:
All BTEC qualifications contain an element of external assessment in addition to the internal assessment.

Please note: Due to the continuous impact of COVID-19 on teaching and learning, we're currently working on adapting our BTEC 2021 timetables in line with the joint statement recently released by Ofqual and the DfE.

As a result, we've removed the 2021 BTEC Level 3 Nationals Summer Final Timetable and will also be updating the remaining BTEC timetables in the near future.
Arden University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studentbioch3m)
Will the BTEC level 3 January exams be scrapped / cancelled next year as apparently access to HE ones have been? (Due to covid lockdown)
studentbioch3m
Hi, I teach on an Access to HE program. Typically there are no 'exams' on an Access to HE pathway, assessment is made up of essays, presentations, reports etc in order to meet the required UCAS tariff points. It is possible that your college did have a timed assignment in class scheduled for January - however it is within the rules to make an adjustment to the assessment method. There are more details on the Access to HE website https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/en/news...ation-covid-19

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Btec exams are still going ahead as planned in January. The summer series has been delayed by three weeks in line with A levels, so the timetables are being re written.
studentbioch3m
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by bamtutor)
Btec exams are still going ahead as planned in January. The summer series has been delayed by three weeks in line with A levels, so the timetables are being re written.
So is it just the summer exams which are being rewritten not the January ones? Thanks
Advertisement
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studentbioch3m)
So is it just the summer exams which are being rewritten not the January ones? Thanks
Yes, just delayed by about three weeks.
willbailey123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you reckon will happen if a candidate has or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 during the time period of the exam? Will the candidate be awarded a predicated grade?
Advertisement
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by willbailey123)
What do you reckon will happen if a candidate has or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 during the time period of the exam? Will the candidate be awarded a predicated grade?
This has not been decided yet. OFQUAL consultation is ongoing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (699)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (877)
42.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.03%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads