iJaysonB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I failed my GCSEs in school and I'm worried for my future. Is it possible for me to retake them?
Anonymous150
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it is. Google GCSE retake centre
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes you can although (apart from Maths and English) you may have to pay
How old are you and what subjects were you thinking of retaking/re-sitting?
iJaysonB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Compost)
Yes you can although (apart from Maths and English) you may have to pay
How old are you and what subjects were you thinking of retaking/re-sitting?
I'm 16 in college and apart from Maths and English I'm thinking of retaking history and combined science
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iJaysonB)
I'm 16 in college and apart from Maths and English I'm thinking of retaking history and combined science
Talk to the college to see if they could help. If not, you may have to be prepared to teacher yourself/get a tutor and then pay to enter the exams in the Summer.
Arden University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iJaysonB)
I failed my GCSEs in school and I'm worried for my future. Is it possible for me to retake them?
iJaysonB
I struggled a lot with my GCSE's and now I have a 1st class honour's degree, so things tend to work out OK in the end if you try really heard.

It might be worth contacting your local FE College as many often do GCSE classes as well, particularly for core subjects such as English and Maths. You might be interested in the 16-19 pathways that they provide, as students studying vocational subjects are automatically enrolled on GCSE Maths and English if you do not have a grade 4 all ready - that might save you a bit of money and time.

Re-sitting your GCSE's will be a major positive to your employment prospects. You'll do great!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (624)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (778)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.69%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed