Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently just changed my course last week. I got the module materials, on Friday the 16th at night. I was reviewing the module materials given and noticed that a deadline was on Monday the 19th. My lectures contacted me saying that I should apply for an extension, due to the fact it was impossible to catch up with all the material and write an essay. I submitted an extension and explained my reasons why I needed it.

Today, I was given a notice my extension was refused. The reason for it was due to the fact it was close to the deadline. They reviewed it on Monday.
Giving the circumstances I have faced, is there any way I can counteract this?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Read your university’s academic regulations, there is most likely a deferral process (In some cases this means you can submit in the resit diet as a first attempt) or you can probably appeal any repercussions from late submission.

It’s entirely dependent on your university but contact any personal tutor or SU rep if you’re unsure of options, it’s what they’re there for
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I recently just changed my course last week. I got the module materials, on Friday the 16th at night. I was reviewing the module materials given and noticed that a deadline was on Monday the 19th. My lectures contacted me saying that I should apply for an extension, due to the fact it was impossible to catch up with all the material and write an essay. I submitted an extension and explained my reasons why I needed it.

Today, I was given a notice my extension was refused. The reason for it was due to the fact it was close to the deadline. They reviewed it on Monday.
Giving the circumstances I have faced, is there any way I can counteract this?
Speak to your tutor.

Their is normally an appeals process, if the course lecturers advised an extension then this should go a long way and perhaps try to include this in the appeal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads