Is it possible to learn how to sing with no money?

Watch
BTS_biased
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to learn how to sing, however, since I cant find a job, I wouldnt be able to pay for lessons

Is it possible to learn how to sing without lessons or without money?
TchaTravels
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Self study yes.
I'm sure there are youtube videos for that.
Also there are karaoke app you can download like smule, starmaker, wesing.
You can sing, record and hear your voice.

You can also check out evenbrite app, see if there are available community lessons in your area! Some are free or as cheap as £10
BTS_biased
Rep:
?
(Original post by TchaTravels)
Self study yes.
I'm sure there are youtube videos for that.
Also there are karaoke app you can download like smule, starmaker, wesing.
You can sing, record and hear your voice.

You can also check out evenbrite app, see if there are available community lessons in your area! Some are free or as cheap as £10
Thank you! The thing is I am a complete beginner But I heard that with practice, you can actually learn how to sing well
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. Use YouTube to start with. That is true it does take practice so keep going for now.
SlytherinSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BTS_biased)
I want to learn how to sing, however, since I cant find a job, I wouldnt be able to pay for lessons

Is it possible to learn how to sing without lessons or without money?
Self study i.e. youtube i't helped me during lockdown alot as i wasn't having lesson with my vocal coach
BTS_biased
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlytherinSoul)
Self study i.e. youtube i't helped me during lockdown alot as i wasn't having lesson with my vocal coach
which youtubers would you recommend? the only thing with youtube is that I would have to practise a lot at home and I am not comfortable doing that since I live with my parents. Also I am really not confident because a few years ago when I was singing in front of my older sister, she told me I cant sing and she told me to stop singing and that made me really feel down.
-Another thing that happened was in my music class in secondary school, when our music teacher told us to sing a song together to check who could sing in the final year concert and when he came next to me to hear me singing (he was going near everyone to check each voice), he told me to stop and he said I couldnt sing.
-These two episodes in my life are what discourage me to sing in front of people, but recently since I got into kpop, I really want to learn how to sing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads