schoolgirl1919
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I have just joined student room and am doing my NEA currently for Englishish literature. I am doing the woman in black by Susan hill and Dracula by Bram stoker. I am currently really struggling to pick a statement. I have the common themes of death, fear of the unknown and the symbol of women as monstrous or in some cases the absence of women.

Any idea's or help is much appreciated.
Liv x
Shania101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by schoolgirl1919)
Hi,

I have just joined student room and am doing my NEA currently for Englishish literature. I am doing the woman in black by Susan hill and Dracula by Bram stoker. I am currently really struggling to pick a statement. I have the common themes of death, fear of the unknown and the symbol of women as monstrous or in some cases the absence of women.

Any idea's or help is much appreciated.
Liv x
This may be really bad, but you could talk about the main character in Woman in Black to be a the weapon of destruction for humankind (possibly reference her to the figure of Death, she almost appears everywhere when death happens, she almost determines who dies) whilst Dracula is almost controlled by the idea that his power for destruction is limited, for example, not being allowed in a victim's house without their permission and being powerless in sunlight.
Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (492)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads