Ayub3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I am in Liverpool and looking to university in Manchester is it worth it ? I’m getting a car soon hopefully but would it be worth going there and back ? Also anyone go Manchester Metropolitan and if it’s got good accommodations thanks
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ayub3)
So I am in Liverpool and looking to university in Manchester is it worth it ? I’m getting a car soon hopefully but would it be worth going there and back ? Also anyone go Manchester Metropolitan and if it’s got good accommodations thanks
If you're thinking of commuting by car, here are some things to consider:

1. How far is it? What will be your cost for fuel?
  2. How long will it take to get there? And to get home?
  3. Where will you park? How much will parking cost?
  4. What is the availability of parking like at the times you will travel? (It might be easy to find somewhere at 7.30am, but what if you don't need to be at uni till 11am, or 2pm?)
  5. How long does it take to get from where you park to where your lectures are?
  6. What are your alternative plans if your car isn't available?
  7. What will the non-fuel running costs be like? (e.g. MOT, servicing, replacing tyres, other routine maintenance, insurance, vehicle excise duty ("car tax"))
Ayub3
Rep:
?
Thanks so you think an accomdation is eaiser
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ayub3)
Thanks so you think an accomdation is eaiser
No, I'm simply detailing a set of factors that you might want to take into account as part of making your own decision. I haven't covered everything; for example, if you're commuting (and not living on/near campus) then your social life will be restricted by the need not to drink (if you're driving) or by train/bus timetables, or by the need to find somewhere to stay overnight, etc. (If I go out for the evening in my nearest city, I have to be acutely aware of what time the last train is and how long it will take me to get to the station to make sure I don't miss it.)
Ayub3
Rep:
?
Thankd
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads