Bullying from Open University Student Support and their Hostile Environment Policy

Watch
nonperson84549
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As a victim of the Open Univeristy's hostile environment policy which is in breech of their student charter (I complained to them about being mocked and taunted about my disabilities by student support which they had no intention of resolving fairly or honestly), I found that my student loan had been interfered with and later cancelled after the OU wrongly and maliciously told Student Finance I had stopped studying. Dealing with Student Finance is a nightmare and my health and wellbeing has been made worse by constant bullying by the Open University. The Open University claim I applied for a loan for academic year 2018/19 for a module which I did not study and will not put right anything what they did wrong. There is a load more abuse and have suffered over two years of abuse, bullying, neglect and not being supported. They are demanding instant payment of over three grand. Have never been in debt and as a result of systemic abuse, am for something I do not owe. They won't even give me a breakdown of what student loan payments they have received. According to the Student Finance website, I apparently told them I do not have a disability (lies) so have had no DSA - previous tow modules was wrongly rejected and SLC have not paid a penny in maintenance loans despite correctly completing everything correctly - they even failed to ensure the safe return of birth certificate. Have had enough. Can anyone help?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nonperson84549)
As a victim of the Open Univeristy's hostile environment policy which is in breech of their student charter (I complained to them about being mocked and taunted about my disabilities by student support which they had no intention of resolving fairly or honestly), I found that my student loan had been interfered with and later cancelled after the OU wrongly and maliciously told Student Finance I had stopped studying. Dealing with Student Finance is a nightmare and my health and wellbeing has been made worse by constant bullying by the Open University. The Open University claim I applied for a loan for academic year 2018/19 for a module which I did not study and will not put right anything what they did wrong. There is a load more abuse and have suffered over two years of abuse, bullying, neglect and not being supported. They are demanding instant payment of over three grand. Have never been in debt and as a result of systemic abuse, am for something I do not owe. They won't even give me a breakdown of what student loan payments they have received. According to the Student Finance website, I apparently told them I do not have a disability (lies) so have had no DSA - previous tow modules was wrongly rejected and SLC have not paid a penny in maintenance loans despite correctly completing everything correctly - they even failed to ensure the safe return of birth certificate. Have had enough. Can anyone help?
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation, if you are unhappy with the OU then you could perhaps go through their complaints process.

Regarding the Maintenance Loan from us, we require the below evidence

-Medical evidence from your GP and/or Consultant confirming that the your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university and physically attending your university.
-Evidence (this could be emails/correspondence between the yourself and different universities) detailing that you have had discussions with different universities about the facilities available or accessibility as well as why the universities cannot accommodate the your requirements/needs.
-Written confirmation from yourself on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.

-Evidence from yourself showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

If you call us on 0300 100 0607 or message us on Twitter/Facebook then we can review your account.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (59)
13.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.55%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.66%

Watched Threads