astroehoe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was thinking of applying to King's College London but my A level grades are AA*B so one grade away from the requirements (AAA*).
I have to do the LNAT too and I've heard that if you do very well in it they lower the offer. Ik it's a really difficult exam and that I can't confirm I will do well. I also know that KCL is very competitive and has people with much higher grades applying. But then again, there's no harm in applying right? Does anyone have any experience with lowered offers? Or is it just extremely unlikely?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by astroehoe)
I was thinking of applying to King's College London but my A level grades are AA*B so one grade away from the requirements (AAA*).
I have to do the LNAT too and I've heard that if you do very well in it they lower the offer. Ik it's a really difficult exam and that I can't confirm I will do well. I also know that KCL is very competitive and has people with much higher grades applying. But then again, there's no harm in applying right? Does anyone have any experience with lowered offers? Or is it just extremely unlikely?
Do you have A*AB or are you predicted A*AB?
astroehoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Do you have A*AB or are you predicted A*AB?
I have A*AB
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have A*AB
I think it unlikely Kings would give you an offer for Law but you never know.

It is also possible they might make you an offer for an alternative course like History or Politics - Kings do that sometimes.
astroehoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
I think it unlikely Kings would give you an offer for Law but you never know.

It is also possible they might make you an offer for an alternative course like History or Politics - Kings do that sometimes.
Thank you. I've checked the requirements for English there because I might potentially do that and convert but the requirements are AAA ( i have A*AB). Idk if you'd know if they'd offer me a place with those grades?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. I've checked the requirements for English there because I might potentially do that and convert but the requirements are AAA ( i have A*AB). Idk if you'd know if they'd offer me a place with those grades?
I think it more likely you would get an offer for English than Law especially if you have A* or A in English but I can't say whether you will get an altenative offer or not as it will depend on the quality of the other applicants for English.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads