Would a club bouncer let you in if you tell him he's crap at his job for refusing you

Watch
Akuma&agaOn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Theres a certain bouncer at a club that, if he's on he'll turn me away for no reason. No problem with other bouncers.
I was talking to a friend about it once, I was thinking of saying something like, "You are crap at your job."
My friend said if I said that he might show me he is good at his job. Not sure how his mind works but does that mean hearing that he is crap at his job he might decide to let me in?
He might be driven to start improving, stop being a jobsworth and abusing that bit of power he has and let me in?
Grizwuld
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Er No.

Do you like science or math or physics - maybe you could make a fusion reactor work?

You probably won't do vey well at psychology.

Or perhaps gardening- if your the outdoor type?
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Obviously not.
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Akuma&agaOn)
Theres a certain bouncer at a club that, if he's on he'll turn me away for no reason. No problem with other bouncers.
I was talking to a friend about it once, I was thinking of saying something like, "You are crap at your job."
My friend said if I said that he might show me he is good at his job. Not sure how his mind works but does that mean hearing that he is crap at his job he might decide to let me in?
He might be driven to start improving, stop being a jobsworth and abusing that bit of power he has and let me in?
Riiiiight. So you think someone will be nicer to you if you insult them? Interesting.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you'll just annoy him if you say that.

are you a non white by any chance?
a lot of bouncers are kinda racist these days......
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How could you possibly think that would work??

Ps-I’m pretty sure your mate was telling you that if you said that then he’d show you how good he is at kicking people out.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 weeks ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah I don't think the old reverse psychology quite works there. He already has an obvious dislike for you so provoking them likely wouldn't go well. The more adult thing to do would be to plainly and politely ask them if he had a personal or professional problem with you or was possibly confusing you with someone else. assuming your not talking crap obv.
Akuma&agaOn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ne en mia nomo)
Riiiiight. So you think someone will be nicer to you if you insult them? Interesting.
At least my friend did. I tell him he's crap at his job, he shows me he's good at his job by letting me in.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At least my friend did. I tell him he's crap at his job, he shows me he's good at his job by letting me in.
His job is to let in women, let in money and fob off chancing trouble makers. Sounds like he's doing ok.
LewethaVi3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, trust me, reverse psychology doesnt work!! LOL

they would probably just stare at you til you back off
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LewethaVi3)
No, trust me, reverse psychology doesnt work!! LOL

they would probably just stare at you til you back off
Someone gets ittt
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Do it and let us know the result.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do it and let us know the result.
I’m pretty sure his “friend” will be filming the result😂😂
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise