safahJ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Using your understanding of the historical context, assess how convincing the arguments in this extract are in relation to Threats to Henry VII’s position on the Throne. (10 marks)

The source:

Henry VII became king under better circumstances than any other ursurper in late medieval England. Like Henry VI he had enormous advantage of replacing a king who had been widely disliked, although the lingering affection for Richard III in the North might prove to be a problem. Unlike both Henry VI and Richard IV he started with the advantage of his predecessor already dead. Unlike both he had no powerful kingmaker to contend with; the noble house that gained most from Henry’s accession was that of Stanley’s, the family into which Henry’s mother Margaret Beaufort had married and it was improbable that the head of the family Lord Stanley would lead a rebellion against his own stepson.

Do you think this source is convincing or unconvincing.

I need two quotes which show its convincing and 1 unconvincing and then conclusion or vice versa.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by safahJ)
he had enormous advantage of replacing a king who had been widely disliked

although the lingering affection for Richard III in the North might prove to be a problem

he started with the advantage of his predecessor already dead

he had no powerful kingmaker to contend with ... itwas improbable that the head of the family Lord Stanley would lead a rebellion against his own stepson
there's your quotes
safahJ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
there's your quotes
Sorry which ones are convincing and unconvincing and why
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by safahJ)
Sorry which ones are convincing and unconvincing and why
im not doing your homework come that's easy
safahJ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Actually i just started the course so struggling to get the grasps. This 10 marker is my first and so far the topic of threats is quite difficult.
safahJ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If you could just tell me out of the quotes you chose which ones u think are convincing and unconvincing

I think the first one is convincing and the rest seem kinda unconvincing; but I feel as though that’s wrong. Did you study A- level History? Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads