Should I switch bank account?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a Santander student account for all my main stuff and a Barclays Young Persons account for a small amount of cash for a "rainy day".

I'm not the greatest fan of Barclays as the app doesn't work with my account and the customer service isn't the best.

Would it be worth switching my Barclays account to another bank (or closing it altogether)? What are the pros and cons? Would it impact things like my credit score?

(I am posting this anonymously as I don't feel comfortable talking about finances on my main account).
Anonymous #1
I also use Barclays to cash in cheques as there is a branch closer than Santander however I know with other banks you can cash in cheques with their app so this shouldn't be much of a problem.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a Santander student account for all my main stuff and a Barclays Young Persons account for a small amount of cash for a "rainy day".

I'm not the greatest fan of Barclays as the app doesn't work with my account and the customer service isn't the best.

Would it be worth switching my Barclays account to another bank (or closing it altogether)? What are the pros and cons? Would it impact things like my credit score?

(I am posting this anonymously as I don't feel comfortable talking about finances on my main account).
The reason for switching shouldn't be apps or service but interest. I guess Barclays are paying you diddly squat. Move asap!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ByEeek)
The reason for switching shouldn't be apps or service but interest. I guess Barclays are paying you diddly squat. Move asap!
They are paying me nothing
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They are paying me nothing
Right. Even the worst accounts pay 0.1% so you are failing miserably. In fact after inflation, you are losing money.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise