Cookies709
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I guys, I am really struggling on how to prepare myself for the nove,mber mocks, especially maths, can anyone share their tips as I never got to sit an actual mock due to lockdown.
Thank you
Lord_Pharoah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just do a bunch of past papers in exam conditions and revise the stuff you don't know, loads of past papers available online
Cookies709
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Lord_Pharoah)
Just do a bunch of past papers in exam conditions and revise the stuff you don't know, loads of past papers available online
Can I ask what u got in your maths gcse
Fummi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lord_Pharoah)
Yeah I agree then use websites like Corbett maths to do more exam questions on the topics you struggle with.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Try mymaths.co.uk. The grade booster packs that are on there are helpful. You can also make use of things like flashcards, revision books and old practice papers too.
Lord_Pharoah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cookies709)
Can I ask what u got in your maths gcse
9 but I did it early
astudent...
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
another good website I've used in the past with practice questions and videos is Exam Solutions
Arre
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cookies709)
I guys, I am really struggling on how to prepare myself for the nove,mber mocks, especially maths, can anyone share their tips as I never got to sit an actual mock due to lockdown.
Thank you
I found practice papers really worked for me for maths when i was revising a few years ago. Makes me feel old aha. I used to look at the papers do the questions and then read the answers and mark it for myself. This allowed me to notice areas i struggled on so i could also go back to those in my textbooks and then try more papers.

Useful websites for maths revison are:
GCSE BBC bitesize (has some useful information on)
Maths Genie (Has practice papers from the past 10 years and answers i believe) (They also have a youtube channel under the same name which walks you through the workings out they did to get to the answers so you can see the thinking behind the answer a bit more)

Hope this helps, you got this
Cookies709
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Arre)
I found practice papers really worked for me for maths when i was revising a few years ago. Makes me feel old aha. I used to look at the papers do the questions and then read the answers and mark it for myself. This allowed me to notice areas i struggled on so i could also go back to those in my textbooks and then try more papers.

Useful websites for maths revison are:
GCSE BBC bitesize (has some useful information on)
Maths Genie (Has practice papers from the past 10 years and answers i believe) (They also have a youtube channel under the same name which walks you through the workings out they did to get to the answers so you can see the thinking behind the answer a bit more)

Hope this helps, you got this
Thank yu for the advie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (83)
18.65%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.09%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (165)
37.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (58)
13.03%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.15%

Watched Threads