French Revolution cause? Brief explanation of the revolution itself...

Watch
Fosbourne85
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey,
I've been trying to research the french revolution for context for English but I'm really confused...

The Bourgeoisie keeps coming up and in some places it says they were the ones fighting for reform but in some places it says the French people started fighting with them...
I'm really confused who the revolution was between like who was on each side, what caused it and like what are the key events/features of the revolution itself....
Thanks to anyone who can enilghten me
Luwei
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From what I remember from my history lessons in Year 8:

Louis XVI (sixteenth) and his wife led an extravagant lifestyle (lots of parties and Louos XVI liked to collect watches etc)
Louis XIV (fourteenth) fought a lot of wars which yielded territorial expansions however sapped the core out of the budget which left the country in debt.
As a result of the financial difficulties, the French people were poor and after a mob decided to storm the Bastille prison (or something like that)

These are what I could think of on top of my head so I hope I have helped you in one form or the other.
Luwei
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Luwei)
From what I remember from my history lessons in Year 8:

Louis XVI (sixteenth) and his wife led an extravagant lifestyle (lots of parties and Louos XVI liked to collect watches etc)
Louis XIV (fourteenth) fought a lot of wars which yielded territorial expansions however sapped the core out of the budget which left the country in debt.
As a result of the financial difficulties, the French people were poor and after a mob decided to storm the Bastille prison (or something like that)

These are what I could think of on top of my head so I hope I have helped you in one form or the other.
So you have the King and his followers on one side and peasants on the other. After the French Revolution the Kingdom got overthrown and because the revolutionaries held beliefs that were deemed top radical at that time, almsot all the European powers declared war on France and were defeated in the French Revolutionary Wars of 1789-1803 which resulted in the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.08%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.12%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (73)
19.16%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.24%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.4%

Watched Threads