religious studies ocr

Watch
hayaaah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
can u please tell me any teaching or belief about christianity that's really important to u, it can be about evangelism,trinity,eucharist,chu rch,anything u thing all Christians need to perform.in oder to enter heaven or make God happy
Avesta2003
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Not a Christian; I'm an atheist but can answer.

I think what all Christians will find important is the concept of sin, especially since it is a core part of Christianity. A Christian would want to avoid sin and temptation where possible in order to enter the Kingdom of God.
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Christians don’t need to do anything to get to heaven other than recognise that they sin, and ask God for forgiveness. You don’t need to live a perfect live, or go to church every Sunday or give to the poor to achieve eternal life you just have to say sorry for your sins and ask Jesus to help you become more like him (perfect). No Christian will die perfect like Jesus, and that’s ok, because he died so we don’t have to. You could become a Christian on your death bed, when you have been an atheist your entire life, and as long as you really meant it you would go to heaven. Personally, the most important thing in my life is developing a relationship with God, and trying to become more like him. He’s my best friend, my teacher and my dad and I just want to know him more and more and I want to tell other people about him so they can find the joy that I have found.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (125)
42.96%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.46%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (116)
39.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.72%

Watched Threads