Watch
Jeffrir
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by veda123)
Hi guys.

Has anyone heard back from Birmingham for the conversion course starting in September?

I have only applied to Liverpool and Birmingham. I received an offer from Liverpool a week after i applied.

I am prioritizing Birmingham due to the quality, however. Yet it has been over two months and i have not heard a response.

I reached out to them and they said that they were naturally very busy at this time but i would like to know if anyone else has heard a response.

Thanks
Hello, I have launched an application to Birmingham in mid November. The application status hasn't changed, it's still "Application with admission awaiting review".
veda123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jeffrir)
Hello, I have launched an application to Birmingham in mid November. The application status hasn't changed, it's still "Application with admission awaiting review".
Yep. That's my situation too - i applied around mid november and the status is the same quote.

Not sure why it's taking so long, but they'll reply at some point im sure.
Bernardo91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I am applying to the MSc Computer Science at UCL. I have a 2:1 in History and Politics from Warwick and am currently working in markets at an investment bank for the year. I am intermediate in Python, self taught. I am trying to understand how long your personal statements are, 1 or 2 pages? Do you think I meet the requirements, given the above?Thanks.
veda123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bernardo91)
Hi, I am applying to the MSc Computer Science at UCL. I have a 2:1 in History and Politics from Warwick and am currently working in markets at an investment bank for the year. I am intermediate in Python, self taught. I am trying to understand how long your personal statements are, 1 or 2 pages? Do you think I meet the requirements, given the above?Thanks.
My personal statement was 500 words, one side of A4 is expected across the board i think.

I have received a place for Liverpool and i am waiting on Birmingham. I am aware that it's relatively easy to get into the courses if you demonstrate interest, which can mainly be done with your personal statement. I also linked my github page with personal projects which i'm sure helped.

I had a 2.1 Biomedical science from an ex-poly so i'm sure you'd get in with your credentials.
ccarch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I received an unconditional offer from Bath yesterday, has anyone received an offer from UCL yet?
logeybogey
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

Have received an offer to study on the course in May. I am self-taught web-dev so have some experience with programming and want to improve foundations and get a qualification.

I come from a non STEM background and have weakish maths. I was wondering if anyone could recommend what maths would be useful to scratch up on before starting the course so that it makes it easier. I've looked at some courses online like on edX, but don't want to spend time learning something that isn't directly relevant to the course materials.

Seems to make more sense to improve my math skills now, rather than struggle trying to learn it during the course when I'm sure I will be busy enough with new concepts already.
DKwxn
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ccarch)
I received an unconditional offer from Bath yesterday, has anyone received an offer from UCL yet?
Yep I have, is there anything you wanted to know?
DKwxn
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by logeybogey)
Hi all,

Have received an offer to study on the course in May. I am self-taught web-dev so have some experience with programming and want to improve foundations and get a qualification.

I come from a non STEM background and have weakish maths. I was wondering if anyone could recommend what maths would be useful to scratch up on before starting the course so that it makes it easier. I've looked at some courses online like on edX, but don't want to spend time learning something that isn't directly relevant to the course materials.

Seems to make more sense to improve my math skills now, rather than struggle trying to learn it during the course when I'm sure I will be busy enough with new concepts already.
Is that an offer from UCL or another uni?

In terms of brushing up on maths, you could have a look at the MIT's Mathematics for Computer Science course. That and the Introduction to Compsci using Python by MIT are the prereqs for the Intro to Algorithms course as well by MIT, which i hear is useful.
logeybogey
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DKwxn)

In terms of brushing up on maths, you could have a look at the MIT's Mathematics for Computer Science course. That and the Introduction to Compsci using Python by MIT are the prereqs for the Intro to Algorithms course as well by MIT, which i hear is useful.
Thanks for the advice. No, it was an offer from Bath.
Bernardo91
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DKwxn)

Hi, did you mention these courses in your CV or personal statement? What did you study at undergraduate level?
DKwxn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, did you mention these courses in your CV or personal statement? What did you study at undergraduate level?
I did mention CS50x and MIT's Maths course on my PS which was almost 2 A4 pages long. I studied dentistry at undergrad.
ladams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I got an email from UCL saying "This year, we have received an even greater number of applications to study with us than anticipated, and it is taking us longer to review them all."

Not yet rejected... fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.
1Max1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am planning on applying to UCL and Imperial soon, hopefully by the middle of Feb. Can anyone tell me if that's too late? I'm not sure if their applications have closed already or not
mkiselev2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got a conditional offer from UCL back in December. Still waiting on Imperial, they are a bit of a joke at this point.
tx026849198
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mkiselev2002)
I got a conditional offer from UCL back in December. Still waiting on Imperial, they are a bit of a joke at this point.
When did you submit your application + when did your references submit their part?
zcqs3103
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tx026849198)
When did you submit your application + when did your references submit their part?
Do you mind asking me about your background & programming experience?
Seshiru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I received an offer from Imperial recently. Wishing you all luck with the process; it's exhausting!
Bernardo91
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Seshiru)
I received an offer from Imperial recently. Wishing you all luck with the process; it's exhausting!
what did you study?
Did you have a first class?
Seshiru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what did you study?
Did you have a first class?
I'll DM you.
fazcv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Seshiru)
I'll DM you.
Hey, dropped you a DM!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%