HannahWilson9
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are there any student accommodations in Swansea where you're in a falt but you can choose who you're in a flat with? You will have a shared kitchen but your own room and bathroom?
lilycarey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Swansea is the second-largest city in Wales, home to more than 24,000 students studying at Swansea University and University of Wales Trinity St Davis. Best Student Halls will make sure to provide students with the best Student Accommodation in Swansea, modern Student Rooms but to reflect the surrounding nature and countryside.
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HannahWilson9)
Are there any student accommodations in Swansea where you're in a falt but you can choose who you're in a flat with? You will have a shared kitchen but your own room and bathroom?
Hi HannahWilson9 :hello:

Most students in their first year will either go in to University or Private accommodation halls where you are assigned flatmates, then once you go into your second year you would choose who you want to live with and arrange a shared house/flat.

If you already have people in mind who you would like to live with, you can find a wide range of student housing through local letting agents or University letting agency and begin the flat hunt together

I hope this helps!
- Mia
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Who do you want to choose to be with you. Is this first year. There are many companies offering houses. If you have a group you want to be with you could book one of those although I doubt you will find any houses with your own bathroom. As far as your own bathroom much of the accommodation for example on The Bay Campus will have private facilities as does places like Student Roost, Coppergate and Oldway Centre and a couple of others due to open in September but they tend to be large blocks rather than flats. HSV has houses of 7 but with shared facilities.
HannahWilson9
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Who do you want to choose to be with you. Is this first year. There are many companies offering houses. If you have a group you want to be with you could book one of those although I doubt you will find any houses with your own bathroom. As far as your own bathroom much of the accommodation for example on The Bay Campus will have private facilities as does places like Student Roost, Coppergate and Oldway Centre and a couple of others due to open in September but they tend to be large blocks rather than flats. HSV has houses of 7 but with shared facilities.
I'm in first year right now, but I want to start looking for accommodation for next year and I've found people I want to live with. Thank you, your reply was helpful.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HannahWilson9)
I'm in first year right now, but I want to start looking for accommodation for next year and I've found people I want to live with. Thank you, your reply was helpful.
I very much doubt that you will find any student houses with bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and I dont think that is only in Swansea. Most houses have 4 or more bedrooms and typically 1 or 2 bathrooms. You could try the agencies on Walter Road or Mansel Street or the student accommodation service at the university but I doubt you would get what you want. I think it will boil down to private houses with shared facilities or living in the more expensive private halls who might accommodate you in adjoining rooms if you ask but they will be more expensive.
HannahWilson9
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I very much doubt that you will find any student houses with bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and I dont think that is only in Swansea. Most houses have 4 or more bedrooms and typically 1 or 2 bathrooms. You could try the agencies on Walter Road or Mansel Street or the student accommodation service at the university but I doubt you would get what you want. I think it will boil down to private houses with shared facilities or living in the more expensive private halls who might accommodate you in adjoining rooms if you ask but they will be more expensive.
That's great, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.08%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (97)
29.85%

Watched Threads