Does it get better after 17?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Being 17 years old, felt like I wasted much of my secondary school years and most of my college years. So in total, I've basically wasted my teenage years and missed out on many memories and opportunities and it was due to me being shy, socially awkward and always worrying about what others thought of me. And as of 2021, that will be the year where I finish second year of college and go into an apprenticeship. So I'm wondering those it get better after this stage? Like am I able to gain more opportunities, create more memories and meet more people after the age of 17 when I finish school?
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Being 17 years old, felt like I wasted much of my secondary school years and most of my college years. So in total, I've basically wasted my teenage years and missed out on many memories and opportunities and it was due to me being shy, socially awkward and always worrying about what others thought of me. And as of 2021, that will be the year where I finish second year of college and go into an apprenticeship. So I'm wondering those it get better after this stage? Like am I able to gain more opportunities, create more memories and meet more people after the age of 17 when I finish school?
Yes it can get better.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
im a 25 y/o man and id say that the opportunities you seek generally don't happen out of nowhere so if you want those experiences you have to create them yourself. its actually pretty hard to do this as you fall into autopilot mode where you're just coasting alternating between working and doing effectively nothing. its easy to lounge around at the weekends catching up on sleep instead of doing something productive. the little you do the faster time goes and before you know it months, years have gone by and you barely noticed
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I am 25 and still as socially awkward. I've also missed out on many opportunities. You'll meet many people throughout your life, many will go and many will come in. I am sure you'll come out your shell in this apprenticeship, something I really wish I did - don't stress you're young and have your entire life ahead of you
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
im a 25 y/o man and id say that the opportunities you seek generally don't happen out of nowhere so if you want those experiences you have to create them yourself. its actually pretty hard to do this as you fall into autopilot mode where you're just coasting alternating between working and doing effectively nothing. its easy to lounge around at the weekends catching up on sleep instead of doing something productive. the little you do the faster time goes and before you know it months, years have gone by and you barely noticed
yes i agree with this as well, you need to seek out those opportunities to make good memories. All the good memories i had which made up for my awful teenage years didn't really fall into my lap, i had to make an effort to find them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads