I haven't choice Triple Science so what science am I doing then?

Watch
MrLloyd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have found this very confusing. I haven't choice triple science for my gsces so does that mean I am doing double/combined science? Also, would this mean I would have to pick which paper I do?
Caitlin.mccann
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Basically it means you have to do chemisty, biology and physics and at the end you get two grades its either a 33 34 44 45 55 56 66 67 ... You still have to do all 3 papers but tehres less content and its an easier paper and shorter.
InspiredPleb
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey there!

If you can get in contact your teachers, it'll be most useful to ask them, as this might not be 100% accurate (I don't know what exam board you're with, for example).

Here's what I'm assuming (having done GCSE combined science myself)...

- if you don't do triple science, you do Combined Science.
- I don't think you choose what paper you do, but this might be because of my exam board. For AQA Combined Science Trilogy, we had to do all papers. 2 Chemistry, 2 Physics, 2 Biology, and the overall grade was the average of these 6 grades.
- you get a different sort of grade in combined science, you get 2 grades.
Last edited by InspiredPleb; 1 month ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Normally if you don't do "triple science" (i.e. one GCSE for each science), you will do the double award combined science, which covers all three sciences and awards two GCSEs. You just do each in a little less detail than you would in triple science.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you haven't been given a choice for Science there are a few options:

1. Your school does not offer separate Sciences, in which case you will be doing Combined Science ( a double GCSE that is a mix of all 3 Sciences)
  2. Your school starts everyone on Combined Science and then selects/offers people for triple later.
  3. Everyone does triple (rare and most likely at a grammar school)
Last edited by Compost; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads