Isaactj2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m already anxious about going to uni becuase of my GCSE grades as I heard it’s really competitive.
I have passed all of my gcses with 4s but they are just passes. I didn’t really had motivation to do well in school and moving from different schools with a completely didnt curriculum just before my gcse was a really struggle
However an upside is that in my a-levels I’m airing towards all As and D* which is good
But I do think I won’t get into any good unis for law because of my gcses grades
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Isaactj2020)
So I’m already anxious about going to uni becuase of my GCSE grades as I heard it’s really competitive.
I have passed all of my gcses with 4s but they are just passes. I didn’t really had motivation to do well in school and moving from different schools with a completely didnt curriculum just before my gcse was a really struggle
However an upside is that in my a-levels I’m airing towards all As and D* which is good
But I do think I won’t get into any good unis for law because of my gcses grades
Not all Unis care about GCSEs so you should be able to find some good choices. What sort of Unis are you considering?
Scarlettseaman1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My Uni didn't even look at my GCSE's,
If it helps I didn't do very well in my GCSE's at all and I still came out with an unconditional. Make sure you're doing lots of extra curricular stuff if you are really worried about your grades
Isaactj2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scarlettseaman1)
My Uni didn't even look at my GCSE's,
If it helps I didn't do very well in my GCSE's at all and I still came out with an unconditional. Make sure you're doing lots of extra curricular stuff if you are really worried about your grades
Thank you for your feedback
What are you studying at university if u don’t mind me asking?
Isaactj2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Not all Unis care about GCSEs so you should be able to find some good choices. What sort of Unis are you considering?
I was considering either Liverpool Nottingham or Bristol
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was considering either Liverpool Nottingham or Bristol
Bristol is an A*AA uni unless you qualify for a contextual offer?

Admissions staff might question whether someone is likely to improve that much from all 4s at GCSE to A*AA or equivalent at A level so I would have some safer choices in there too
Isaactj2020
Rep:
?
Bristol is an A*AA uni unless you qualify for a contextual offer?

Admissions staff might question whether someone is likely to improve that much from all 4s at GCSE to A*AA or equivalent at A level so I would have some safer choices in there too
We already got a mocks back an aiming for As so I might be able to reach the requirements
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We already got a mocks back an aiming for As so I might be able to reach the requirements
You might but is it very likely you will get A*AA? What grades did you get in your mocks?
Isaactj2020
Rep:
?
You might but is it very likely you will get A*AA? What grades did you get in your mocks?
All As atm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads