karan.cok
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
basically i wanna do machine learning in future so for that i need to do maths in sitxth form for that i need grade 6 in maths but i am foundation, i can only get 5 and i am already near my GCSE, feeling soo sad, this might spoil my future job😭
Caitlin.mccann
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you need a 6, you need to tell your school that you need to do higher and explain the reason why. Its the only way to get it now. Or you can redo it next year but it might mean you have to do an extra year. Its not impossible but you need to speak to your teachers.
InspiredPleb
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Caitlin.mccann)
If you need a 6, you need to tell your school that you need to do higher and explain the reason why. Its the only way to get it now. Or you can redo it next year but it might mean you have to do an extra year. Its not impossible but you need to speak to your teachers.
Agree with this. Also, no promises, but failing getting Higher a few sixth forms do offer free GCSE retakes even to people who passed w a 4/5 in English and Maths. Then again, taking a year out instead and retaking maths (instead of doing A Levels / BTEC alongside GCSEs) might be the better option if the workload sounds too heavy.
Last edited by InspiredPleb; 1 month ago
karan.cok
Rep:
?
(Original post by InspiredPleb)
Agree with this. Also, no promises, but failing getting Higher a few sixth forms do offer free GCSE retakes even to people who passed w a 4/5 in English and Maths. Then again, taking a year out instead and retaking maths (instead of doing A Levels / BTEC alongside GCSEs) might be the better option if the workload sounds too heavy.
i did contacted my teacher and he said he will raise case to let me do higher only if i get grade 5 in my mock, ik i can get it but mocks are keep delaying due to covid which is waisting a lot of time
InspiredPleb
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karan.cok)
i did contacted my teacher and he said he will raise case to let me do higher only if i get grade 5 in my mock, ik i can get it but mocks are keep delaying due to covid which is waisting a lot of time
What a faff, am so sorry you're in this situation
Not a maths buff but if I can do anything to help notes-wise let me know.
thefer88
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Interesting
karan.cok
Rep:
?
(Original post by InspiredPleb)
What a faff, am so sorry you're in this situation
Not a maths buff but if I can do anything to help notes-wise let me know.
appreciate it bro
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (28)
10.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
21.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.89%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.96%

Watched Threads